chapter 27

Dedicated to all my Muslim readers 💖✨

"It was all my fault," Chris said as he tried not to shared a tear. "I caused it all and I've no one else to blame but me."

Chris didn't want to go on with what he was saying. He felt like he had been talking all day and it was about the past. If what should have been done differently when it came to Prince and how sorry he was even though he knew that his son didn't believe him.

Then their was Gabriella. His daughter. The one who had ran to him the moment he stepped inside the mansion and began to apologise. At first he had been confused of her behavior until she asked him to tell her about the past.The past that he was still paying for and would do for the rest of his life.

So Chris walked into a couch with his daughter and began his story. Of course it wasn't from the beginning of how he and Maya met since the kids knew that already. He began from when he met with Kimberly. How she had been their for him and how he fell in love with her.

Those were the good days. The days that he had no idea that he was a monster. The days that he blamed his own father for walking away from him and never came back. He really hated his father back then but looking back now, he was no different from his father. None at all when it came to Prince.

Just like Prince, Chris had had a father one day and the next he didn't. He had felt the pain, the anguish and still, he betrayed his son the same manner. What kinda father was he anyway? What difference was he from his own father? What he had promised to never become before he met Maya he had become that. Even worse than his own father.

If his father was to come back into his life, the man man would laugh on his face. He would be so proud that he sired someone like him. The copyright in every sense of the way. As for his mother, the woman couldn't forgive him till date. According to her, she raised him to know better than what he did.

Chris went on to tell his lovely daughter how Kimberly became the moment she realized that he had fallen in love with Maya. She had been mad at him. Very mad but she had promised to leave him alone. Then the rape part came which wasn't easy for him. Despite him going to all the counseling, the topic wasn't an easy one to repeat. He was week by the time he was done narrating everything to her.

Everything except Leonel and Maya's story. Unlike Prince, that wasn't his story to tell. And also, he didn't he to loose her respect for Leonel...

"Papa," she brought him back to the conversation that they're still having. "It wasn't your fault that you got raped. Not at all."

Chris wanted to laugh at how naive she was, "Baby, if I had ended things with Kimberly when I took my vows with your mother, she wouldn't have forced me to sex." He needed to show her his point. "I dragged Kimberly along with me despite my marriage then one day I walk up and said I didn't want her anymore."

"That's what needs to stop papa." Gabriella pulled her hands away from his hold. He hadn't even realized that he had them. "People need to stop justifying rape. It's like they're making it alright for someone to go through that. Like for example, when a lady is raped, the blame is put on her.

"People attack her mode of dressing. They say that if she didn't wear provokingly, then she wouldn't have been raped. What about those who cover themselves up and still are raped? Is it also their fault that they wore like nuns and still got raped?

"I think one should be able to wear what they so as much as wish to wear and feel safe. Safe from the society that condems them into hell. The society that feels you've to be silent when things like this happens. It needs to stop. All the excuse and ignorant has to stop and it has to start with me and you.

"'cause I don't see how a two year old kid or a grandmother gets raped and once again we chose to be silent or blame them. I don't see how a man can be abused everyday by his wife or anyone else and chose to be quiet all in the name of men are supposed to be strong or how can a man stand up and say that they were raped

"How else will we create awareness to all this if we check chose to be silent? If one man comes forward, then the rest will do the same," she wiped away her tears, "Papa, the whole world now knows what happened to you and the comments are nasty..."

"I don't care what people say..."

"You should," Gabriella cut him of, "For the sake of that voiceless someone that is out there. You really should papa."

Chris thought of what his daughter was saying to him and if he was being honest to himself, she  was making a good point. Why should the victims be blamed for things that happen to them? It's not like they go asking for them. They don't since no one wants to be hurt or used in whatever way.

No one should be allowed to take power over other people's body. It's your body and no one else's. So no man or woman should be allowed to abuse it, use it for his or her own gain or for any other purpose. Not even as a shield against any kind of harm since by the end of day, we all human and we don't need to be used and hurt at the same time.

So why do something to the other that you wouldn't wish to be done upon you or your family members?

Why should men be told that they shouldn't cry when they've feelings as women? Why is it difficult for a man to be believed that he was raped when it was his body was used against his own will? Why?

Every human being deserves to live and experience life as they so please to do. That's why God didn't force human to follow Him, instead he gave them two options...

All the apologise long forgotten but Chris was okay with it since in a way he had gotten his daughter back he asked the question that he hoped he won't regret later.

"How do we start?"

                            ********

If it doesn't make sense, don't ignore it 😂 I just wanted to have a chapter where we talked more of reality but I don't think of a time when I don't 🤣

All I ask of is please, don't see someone being abused and you keep quiet or you blame the victim. Image a baby barely five days is raped by her father (true story by the way) whose fault is it? And where is the justice for that kid.

Then imagine a man that is abused every day by his family maybe because he can't afford to feed the same family and us turning the other way like it's nothing or saying how useless of a father the man is.

Remember before you do anything to any man, that's someone's son, brother, uncle, husband and father.

As for a woman, she is someone's daughter, sister, aunty, wife and mother.

Please let us create awareness for a boy child out there since they're the most forgotten ones. You can talk about it with a friend and family members and that would be helping especially this time of this time.

Don't forget the mental health which is affecting many.

Oh my! I'm really talking too much. This update was to wish all my Muslim readers Happy Eid Mubarak 🥳💝✨

Goodnight to those are awake at midnight