chapter 28

Dedicated to princess_jonesia

"Come out and face me you coward," Ray shouted for what felt like the hundredth time.

Ray knocked more on the door but it seemed like no one wanted to come out and face him. Not even his brother. The coward he was proving himself to be. But then again, Rollins family is full of those. He had been patient for the past two days. He really was and only God knew what it to him not to come knocking on their door.

Ray raised his hand to bang on the door once again and out walked the person with no doubt won't miss to be there. They both stayed at each other then Ray's eyes moved past him. He wanted his damn brother not Chris. One way or another Gabriel would have to face him.

"Where is your son?" He didn't want to fight with Chris. Besides, had he not promised to come and apologize to him for telling the world about his rape case? It had been two days and media had nothing else to talk about. But again, who was to be blamed for it? Of course it was him. "Tell that coward of a brother to come out and face me right now."

Maybe he shouldn't be picking a fight with his own brother but could he do? Besides they had been doing it for no reason and it was that time they did for a reason. He had hurt his sister. The poor girl kept on blaming the allergies for the whole weekend.

And him? He had to watch her none stop tears. Had to be the witness of every sob that she let out. He had to watch all the chickling movies with her. Then before dawn Bella had insisted on watching The Hate You Give and Five Feet Apart.

So you can't blame him for being here this morning. He wanted his brother. He wanted to know why he did what he did to his poor sister. His doll. That pure thing that he so loved more than his own life.

"Tell Gabrie..."

"Prince," this time Gabriella stopped him before he could finish his sentence. She was still wearing her pajamas and so was Chris. Of course, when he said morning, he meant five minutes past seven. "You came."

Before Ray could say anything to her, she had already thrown herself into his arms and tightened her hug. Ray looked a little shocked but then he remembered the first time he met her. She was the only one who got him in the Rollins family. The only one who was ready to fight for him if need came.

How do you know that dummy. For all you know, she  could be worse than them.

Ray shock his head and hugged his sister back. After all, she had done nothing against him.

"Can you please call your brother for me?" He was really calm. "I just want him to answer for what he did."

Gabriella held his hands into hers and squeezed them as she smiled at him.

"He is your brother too, you know." Smiling at him, she began to pull him towards the house. "Come in so that I can introduce you to your other siblings."

But Ray didn't take a step despite his sister pulling his hand. It had taken him all the strength in him to be there. All his life he had promised never to step a foot inside that damn mansion and he wasn't breaking his promise. The wound was still fresh in him. And it was all his fault but not for long. Never again.

Ray let his feet be rooted on the tiled floor and watched his sister attempt to pull him in. The last time he had been there he didn't have even the courage to get out of the car. The past had come crushing all over again and that's why he had driven away. He never stepped down and now, the only thing that had him not letting the past in again was his shouting for his brother and the loud knocking.