chapter 15

Dedicated to WC2Lady

"Momma," Chris called once he got in the mansion.

When Maya had gotten into labour pain, Chris had called his mother and asked her to come and stay with the twins. He was so excited that he had forgotten about the happening of that morning. God was really faithful to him and he didn't know how to thank him. He had held his other twins in his arms just half an hour ago. His kids and this time he was their when they were being delivered.

He was there unlike the last time. The time when he even had no idea that Maya was alive and pregnant with his kids. This time he named his kids. He was the one to come up with names for them and of course, it's not the ones that Leo had suggested. He didn't get to name both Chris' set of twins at all.

"Momma," Chris called once again going up the stairs.

He thought that she and the twins would be downstairs watching television or doing something but no one was there. He looked around the mansion but he found no one. Not the twins nor Alma and neither was his mother. He had looked everywhere but one place. The last place he for any of them to be in.

Chris pulled out his cellphone and dialed his mother's phone. It rung and as much as he was in denial, the ringing from that room.

"Momma," he called opening the door slowly.

His heart was breaking into a million pieces. He had at least forgotten when he had held his kids in his arms. He really had, but now that the reality of the things they way things were, his heart couldn't stand it. If loosing Maya hurt him, giving Prince like he made nothing to him was killing him. It was but he had to be strong, for his family.

Chris watched his mother look around. She had opened all the doors in that room. The closest, the nightstand drawers, the bathroom and she had even thrown the bed covers on the floor.

"Momma," this time he tried to sound happy. Not the way he had come in feeling. "I've been calling for you for a while now."

He hugged her from behind as she looked all emotional. His heart was really dying from inside.

"They're beautiful momma," Chris went on kissing his mother's temple. "Very cute." She didn't move at all neither did she smile. "They have hazel eyes just like me, just like Prince, momma. They kinda even look like him when he was an infant."

"Congratulations," Bernice pulled herself away from her son. "I hope you're happy."

Chris smiled his mother, "more than happy."

"Good," she said looking around. It's like she didn't believe what she was seeing in that room. "Where is he?" She couldn't help the question.

Chris pushed his hair back as he watched his mother let her tears flow. If he was being honest, the last time he was her cry was at 'Maya's funeral'.

"What have you done?" She asked when Chris said nothing to her.

"Momma," he didn't know to say to her.

"So his services are over?" She asked bitterly. "He was just someone to hold you together before you got what you always wanted?" She was shouting and Chris understood her. He really did. "I wish it was your girlfriend that you threw out in the streets because your precious wife was back. I wish it was just a lady you're using for the time being but it wasn't.

"He wasn't some adopted kid that when your really one came you threw him out. He wasn't some replacement girlfriend but your own fresh Chris. That kid was my grandchild. He was my first grandchild and your first son. So what if you didn't want him? What? You could have given him to me. You could have just told me that you didn't want his anymore now that your precious family is back. I would have looked after him Chris. I would have kept on love him with no condition unlike you.