chapter 12

Dedicated to JhinukSen

Ray stood at the rails and watched as bodies moved below him. The music was way too loud that he had a doubt about being in the same club days back. He still didn't understand why he had agreed to his sister's madness. He was supposed to be sleeping at that very moment. That is if his nightmares let him at all. He watched with his head ponding as people moved to the tempo including his sister.

She was crazy. Really crazy and a times he wondered how she did it. Any normal person would have a jet sickness, but not his sister. She wasn't normal at all. And that is something that they had agreed on as a whole family.

Taking a sip of his soda, he saw Bella move from one man to dance with another girl. Her hands were up in the air and trust him, she held a glass of tequila. That was her speciality. That's what kept her high all the time.

A smile crapped on his lips for the hundredth time that day and it was a good feeling. It felt great to smile. He felt like that young boy again. That boy that gave his nanny a hard time each morning when it came to his bathing time. He felt like that same boy who laughed and cried out of laughter. He felt like Prince Rollins again.

Too bad he wasn't that boy. He was now a man. A man that was filled by nothing other than revenge. That's what he so much craved for. Revenge. And if he was being honest, he was taking a lot of time when he should have made them pay...

Ray was pulled out of his thoughts when he felt two arms snake around him.

"Did you know that I love you so much brother?" Yeah, she was totally wasted. "I really really love you."

Ray smiled again as he turned around to look at her. She held a smile on her face and her blue eyes were glowing. Like really glowing. How so? He had no idea since she was drunk. Or was it because she was telling him how much she loved him?

"C'mon doll, it's time to get home." He hadn't seen her leave the dance floor but he was glad that he wasn't going to drag her out of it.

"The night is still young," she protested when he held her hand. "Do you remember that song? Who sang it again?" He had no idea of what she was talking about. "The night is still young." She began to since, and trust him when he said that her voice was not what she thought it was. "It's Cardi's, no," she shook her head. "It's Nicky's. Nicky Minaj." And she was shouting.

He was no fun of either so forgive him if he didn't get what she was talking about. And plus, he hated having favourite musicians since the day he stepped out of Chris' mansion. That was the last time he ever idolize people. May there be doctors or anything. He was his own super hero when he was a kid. And now that he knew you didn't need to believe that super heroes existed, he was happy with whom he became. After all, you've to accept yourself first before others do.

He accepted himself as a bitter person. That's what he was and he was proud of himself. Because by the end of the day, he was better than those who pretended to be saints when in real sense they were really monsters. Like his family. No, not his, but Chris' family.

"We should really get going." He pushed the hair that had fallen on her face as she was singing. "I've worked tomorrow."

"But it's on Saturday." She whinnied. "Don't be a killer joy, my sweetest brother."

Ray looked at her for a while. This is what he had to deal with each time the went clubbing. Should he even say that? He never drunk anything apart from soda. And according to her despite him being no fun, she needed him to watch over her. He was like he bodyguard. Ooh, and she never went alone. She always made sure that her friends tagged along and there he would be. In a VIP but standing at the rails as he watched over them.