Chapter 28

One month later the High Lords and High Ladies and their inner circles gathered in the Summer Court for yet another meeting though this time it was regarding the humans.
'Hello everyone.' Said Tarquin once everyone was seated in the meeting room. 'Let's start this meeting with...'
'We need to find a way to break the blood oath.' Said Tamlin cutting of Tarquin.
'Wrong meeting, this one is about the humans.' Said Rhys.
'She is a human isn't she?' Asked Tamlin, Rhys and a few others sighed.
'Yes she is but we are talking about the humans in our territories.' Said Tarquin exasperated.
'Don't any of you care about being slaves to a human shit?' Tamlin asked.
'We were blood sworn to her for months already and she didn't once use the blood oath on us.' Said Helion dismissively.
'Anyways going back to the meeting, how many humans have each of you taken?' Tarquin asked ignoring the fuming Tamlin to his side.
'The Night Court has taken in 125,531.' Said Feyre and the other courts followed saying how many humans they took in and then gave their reports on how the humans were doing and any issues they had. Tamlin did not utter another word silently fuming in his chair.
About half way through the meeting a portal opened and Aelin stepped out with Rowan by her side, thick silence enveloped the room.
'Hello, I assume you all missed me very much.' She say cheerfully.
'Your majesty to what do we owe the pleasure of your visit?' Asks Viviane cautiously.
'My spies told my that you all were in the middle of a meeting about the humans and I thought I should attend.' She said.
'And who exactly are your spies?' Tamlin grit out.
'Careful or I'll make you eat your own tongue.' She said just as cheerfully, Tamlin was smart enough to shut up. Two servants brought in additional two chairs for the queen and king.
'So what were you talking about before Rowan and I came?' Aelin asked.
'We were just discussing any issues that raised when the humans came to out territories.' Said Helion looking at her strangely. Aelin raised a brow.
'Do you want to say something?' She asked.
'No.' Helion said.
'Are you sure?' She asked.
'My scholars found a book, your eyes are turquoise ringed with gold.' He said carefully.
'And...' Aelin prompted.
'The Ashryver's have those eyes.' He continued her smile growing in size as much as wickedness. Helion swallowed before continuing. 'The first queen was a goddess.'
'Are you asking if I am a goddess?' She asked him. But Helion only gave her a nod, the rest of the room was staring at her wide eyed. 'I am. My true name is Aelin Ashryver Whitethorn Galathynius, hair of Mab Ashryver and Mala goddess of wild fire and her husband Brannon Galathynius.' Aelin said placing a crown of her wild fire atop her head and giving her best wicked smile.