Chapter 5

Once she made sure that everyone would be on their best behaviour, Feyre made her way to the House of Wind to collect Lillian and Nehemiah for the dinner. She found them in the library reading, they have changed into the clothes that Feyre has brought them earlier. Lillian was wearing the simple white top, black trousers and knee high boots. Nehemiah stayed in a dress but wore one of the more simple dresses, it was pine green, despite the simplicity of their outfits the girls managed to make them look elegant and astonishing. Feyre thought that with looks like theirs they could wear rags and make them look exquisite. Upon getting closer she noticed that Nehemiah was wearing an adventure book, The adventures of Celaena, while Lillian was reading a book in a language she didn't recognise, the letters looked more like symbols of some sorts.
They finally noticed her when she was just a few steps away and looked up from their books. Feyre smiled at them; 'Hello again. Are you ready to go to dinner.'
'We are, thank you again.' Lillian replied with a dazling smile of her own. They got up and Feyre led them to the door, she was astonished at how gracefully Lillian moved, she walked with the grace of an immortal despite being only human and a young one at that.

Feyre offered Lillian an arm as they neared the stairs to walk down to a spot where she could winnow them to her home, and Lillian took it gratefully.
'Is it far?' Lillian said once they descended about thirty steps, though Feyre noticed she wasn't about of breath, which Feyre would have been if she was five months pregnant.
'No, we just need to get down a few more steps and then I can winnow us to my house.'
'Winnow?' Lillian asked, furrowing her brows.
'You'll see.' A couple of seconds later they got far enough away from the wards for Feyre to be able to winnow them. They landed in the dinning room of her home and she noticed Lillian scan the room, not in a way one would look around a new place they found themselves in but as if she was looking for any sight of danger. Just then Rhys and Kaden walked in, but paused a few feet away probably making sure that Lillian and Nehemiah were comfortable with their presence. Rhys smiled and said; 'Hello, I am Rhysand, Feyre's mate and I believe you already met our son Kaden.'
Lillian nodded her head, 'Am Lillian and this is my oldest Nehemiah.' Rhys nodded.
'It's nice to meet you.'
'Are you going to keep your distance the whole evening?' Lillian asked with a smile. 'Don't worry we don't bite.' Rhys laughed at that and another laugh sounded from the hallway. Moments later Cassian walked in still laughing, 'I think I like you,' Cassian said with a wicked grin on his face. 'Am Cassian by the way.'
'Lillian and that's my daughter Nehemiah.' Lillian said smiling and Nehemiah waved with her free hand, the other was wrapped around her mother's leg, Lillian had an arm around Nehemiah's back in a comforting manner.
'You are not afraid of us?' Cassian asked, eyebrow raised.
'Should I be?' Lillian asked reflecting cassian's wicked grin. 'My husband is an officer in the Queen's army. He thought me some tricks of the trade.' Cass breathed a laugh at Lillian's response.
'Am the commander and general of the Night Court armies.'
'Well then I'd like to see you fight. You and me after dinner?' Lillian paused giving Cassian a smile that would have made most throw the first punch. 'Unless of course you are afraid.'
'You got it. And don't worry Feyre has healing magic.' Cass replied looking intrigued.
'Great she will be able to heal you once am done with you.' Cass pulled his head back and laughed.
'I'd rather you not fight a pregnant woman, Cass.' Rhys said giving Cass a look.
'I won't be fighting her.' Cassian said rising his hands in surrender. 'She'll be fighting me.'
'Who will be fighting you?' Mor asked as she and Azriel walked in.
'Mommy will.' Nehemiah said for the first time, her voice held the same kind of authority her mother's did. Feyre noticed then that they both seemed to radiate power and authority in the way they moved and spoke. Lillian stood straight, chin high, she only needed a crown to complete the look of a Queen.
Mor looked alarmed but Lillian interrupted whatever Mor was going to say.
'Hello, am Lillian and the little one here is my daughter Nehemiah.' Lillian said giving Mor a soft smile. 'And I don't mind giving your friend a fighting lesson.' She said it almost as an after thought, to calm Mor's anxious expression.
'Am Mor, Rhysand's cousin.' Mor said still looking worried.
Az from his position between Rhys and Cass, inclined his head; 'Am Azriel.'
Amren came in while Az was introducing himself, she had an old looking book in hand, it looked to be in a different language, similar if not the same to the one Lillian was reading earlier that day. All she said was; 'Lillian. Nehemiah.'
'Shall we eat then.' Rhys said and made his way to the table that was packed with steaming food. Kaden followed him siting on Rhys' left while Feyre took the seat to his right. Nehemiah sat opposite Kaden and Lillian sat next to her, Mor sat next to Lillian, Cassian sitting next to her and Az sitting next to him, while Amren sat next to Feyre.

'Cauldron, is the baby really making you eat that much?' Mor asked once she noticed that Lillian had as much food on her plate as the illyrians.
'Mommy eats this much even when she's not pregnant.' Nehemiah laughed.
'I am said to eat a lot.' Lillian replied with a smile playing on her lips.
'You're married?' Mor asked.
'It's going to be seven and a half years now.' Lillian replied.
'How old were you when you got married.' Cassian asked this time.
'Sixteen. How old where you two when you got mated?' Lillian asked looking at Rhys and Feyre.
'I was 535 and Feyre was 20.' Rhys replied smiling.
'What did your parents say to you being married that young?' Mor asked, a little to interested, worry on her face was still clear to her family.
'They died when I was young.' Lillian said, and Rhys thought he saw her struggle to keep from crying, to stay calm. He wondered whether there was more to her parents deaths that she wasn't saying, but he wouldn't ask not when the mention of them has clearly caused her pain.
'Am so sorry...' Mor started but was cut of by Lillian;
'It's okay.'
They ate in silence for a moment after that, they were almost done when Lillian asked; 'If it's not rude, could I ask what exactly you are? I've never seen fae with wings.'
'Illyrians.' Cassian said smiling. 'We are a warrior race of faeries, considered by many to be nothing more than expendible aerial cavalry at best and mindless soldiers grunts at worst.'
'You are the commander and general of those armies but what about you?' Lillian asked Azriel.
'I am Rhys' and Feyre's spy master.' Az replied. Lillian frowned at that.
'I am the High Lord of the Night Court and Feyre is it's High Lady.'
'Mom is the first High Lady in all of history.' Kaden said proudly. Lilian still looked confused though.
'I guess that you could consider us the king and Queen of the Night Court.' Rhys clarified. Lillian only nodded.
'In your world fae and humans really live together?' Mor asked.
'Yes, though there are much more humans than fae especially on my continent. We always lived together. I've always known the fae in Terrasen to be gentle and kind.' Lillian explained. 'Demi-fae like my kids are a bit more common.'
'And the humans live like equals among them?' Feyre asked, tears coming to her eyes.
'Pretty much, the late King was a human.'
'And the new one?' Rhys asked.
'The new Queen is a Demi-fae and her husband is fae.'
'Females are treated equally, not like possessions?' Mor asked, something like hope in her voice.
'You could probably still find a few idiots that still do that.' Lillian said, anger coming to her face.
'Your world sounds great.' Feyre said.
'It has its flaws.' Lillian responded, there was something in her expression that Rhys couldn't quiet place. So instead he asked Amren;
'How is your research going on how to send Lillian and Nehemiah to their world?'
'I don't have anything yet.' Amren said blandly.
'I could help you.' Lillian offered.
'I would have to teach you a different language and that would take more time then it's worth.'
'Scio paucos sermones.' (I know a few languages) Lillian said, in the language of the wyrdmarks, which no one but Amren and Nehemiah understood. A small smile spread on Amren's lips but the others looked utterly confused.
'Mommy knows everything.' Nehemiah explained.
'I don't know everything, just a lot, there's a difference.' Lillian said
'I'll bring you some books in the morning.' Amren said, ignoring the confused looks of her family.
'Anyway weren't we supposed to have a fight after dinner?' Lillian asked Cassian changing the topic before anyone had the chance to ask any questions. Cassian only grinned at her.