Chapter 26

Two days after the meeting, Tamlin had invited the High Lords and Lady for a meeting in his court to discuss their blood oath to Lillian.

'Had some news arrived?' Helion asked.
'Nothing new.' Tamlin said.
'Then why are we meeting and where's the Night Court?' Asked Viviane.
'The Night Court was not invited.' Tamlin practically spit out the name. 'They are clearly working with Lillian.'
'The last I checked they were under the blood oath too.' Tarquin said.
'They don't want to fight against Lillian. They don't want to help us figure out a way to break the blood oath.' Tamlin said bitterly.
'Yes, they have Kaden and Feyre is pregnant. Obviously they don't want any harm to come to their kids. Especially with Lillian and her court keeping a close eye on Kaden whenever he is forced to go play with princess Nehemiah.' Kallias said.
'Have they used the their mind control magic on all of you?' Tamlin asked his temper rising. 'They were the ones who brought Lillian to the meeting, she was living with them for however long she was in Prythian.'
'He has a point.' Eris admitted. His statement was followed by silence.
'We need to find a way to kill Lillian.' Tamlin said after a moment.
'Why kill her?' Tarquin asked.
'To rid us of the blood oath.' Tamlin responded.
'Killing her won't do anything if we are still going to be blood sworn to her children. Besides in all the weeks we have been blood sworn to her she never used it against us.' Tarquin said. 'And based on Amrens translation she only wants to keep her people safe.'
More silence.
'Are you working with her too?' Tamlin asked discussed.
'No, but I don't want to take a mother from her children or a Queen away from her people.'
'That human filth rules over fae.' Eris commented.
'They don't seem to have a problem with that.' Kallias said.
Tamlin let out a frustrated sigh.
'Helion were you able to find anything on the blood oath?' Tamlin asked.
'No.' Helion said. 'My scholars were able to find a few books in the languages that Lillian was familiar with but they are still trying to decipher them.'
'If there's nothing new on the topic I'll be going back to my Court some of us actually have things to take care of.' Thesan said pointedly and winnowed away with his Court.
The other Courts followed.