Chapter 17

'You two can winnow Kaden away and stay hidden while I put a knife to Nehemiah's throat and threaten Aelin to break the blood oath.' Mor said when they met in Rhysand and Feyre's rooms.
'No. We are not going to do anything of the sorts.' Feyre said. At the looks she got from her court she elaborated 'Aelin isn't our enemy but she can be a very powerful ally.' She felt warmth and love brush over her mental shield.
'We had some very enlightening conversations with some of the kids as well as Lay Elide and Lady Lysandra.' Rhys said.
'Besides if we do anything to hurt Aelin the whole of Terassen will be at our throats. They will be loyal to her till their last breath and she to them.' Feyre added.
'Are you two insane. The girl has you and your son enslaved. And you want to be what? Friends with that heartless bitch?' Mor shouted at her cousin and friend, her anger rising. Rhys was enslaved to a bitch queen again as yet again she failed to protect him. Tears blurred her vision before she even realised she was crying. Feyre warped her arms round her.
'It's not your fault, you didn't fail to protect us.' He tried to reassure her but he spoke to all of his friends. He would have said more but there was a knock on the door, a few seconds later Aelin walked in. It was the first time since their arrival in Terassen that they saw her alone. She was usually surrounded by children or with her court.
'Is everything okay?' She asked looking worried.
'Yes. Do you need something?' Feyre responded.
'I came to break the blood oath I was planning to do it last night but...' she trailed off, her hand instinctively going to her now much smaller stomach.
'Eu, sen ningunha deshonra, libéroche a Feyre e Rhysand do teu xuramento de sangue. (I, through no dishonor free you Feyre and Rhysand from your blood oath to me.) now you have to cut your wrists, only a few drops are needed.' She said and Feyre and Rhys took their dangers and cut their wrists healing them after a few drops.
'And that's it they are no longer yo... blood sworn to you.' Mor asked.
'No, though I'd suggest you don't tell the other courts since they might think that you knew about the blood oath from the beginning and that it was some plot or something.' Aelin said. 'Anyways I'll be in the ball room if you need me.' As she said that she turned on her heal and left. The Night Court was in stunned silence for a few moments.
'Did she just...' Cass began but wasn't quiet sure how to finish. 'What just happened.'
'We are free from the blood oath.' Rhys said simply. He took Feyre's hand and they walked out the door to the ball room where the children were still playing.