Chapter 29

'Bullshit.' Tamlin laughs.
Some of the others laugh along, but most look at Aelin wearily. Aelin let her silence and wickedly amused expression silence the others. Shortly they all shut their mouths, though it took Tamlin full two extra minutes to cease his laughter.
'Do you really expect us to believe that you are a goddess? You said you were a human a week ago.' Tamlin said.
Aelin got up and slowly strode for the centre of the room not saying a single word. The room stank of fear long before Aelin reached her destination.

Once she finally stood in the centre of the room there was nothing left of the turquoise in her eyes, they were pure burning gold. Her dress in the colour of Terassen was no more that ash replaced by a gown of wildfire. Atop her head sat a crown of burning flames and her whole body seemed to radiate power and light.
'Yes mortal. Is this evidence enough of my divinity for you?' She asked though her voice was not quite hers anymore, it sounded more like cracking embers and less than Aelin with every word.
Tamlins eyes were wide, his jaw nearly hit the floor once Aelin started to burn. He somehow managed to collect himself after a few long moments though Feyre had no idea how she was stunned herself and she knew about Aelin having fire magic. Though with each second that she spent looking at the queen she began to wonder if Aelin claiming to be a goddess wasn't just a lie.
Rhys, is she really? Feyre asked her mate through the bond she knew he would know what she meant but no reply came when Feyre was about to speak again Rhys finally said;
Amren thinks it's possible.
'I am high fae not a mortal.' Tamlin said after he finally collected himself enough to speak. Though compared to Aelin he sounded young and childish. Aelin laughed and it didn't sound mortal at all.
'Boy in comparison to me you are mortal. However long you will live whether it's a thousand or a million more years, you will eventually die. I will not. I will never die. Your magic has limits. Mine does not.' Aelin said.