Chapter 13

Sorry it took so long. I have a lot going on right now and didn't have any time to write.

The meeting room in the Summer Court was enveloped in silence once Rhysand winnowed in with Aelin and her court. A separate set of chairs were prepared for them, Aelin and Rowan sat at the centre. Manon and Dorian sat on Rowan's left, Ansel and Ilias next to them and the two Ladies and Lords of Terassen were on Aelin's right.
'I guess I should introduce everyone here. Ilias, next to him is Ansel, Manon and her husband Dorian. My husband Rowan. Lysandra and her husband and my cousin Aedion. Elide and her husband Lorcan.' Said Aelin, not bothering with titles especially since everyone other than the Night Court still thought that she was Lillian.
'I see that in your world high fae like to marry human trash.' Said Baron, which was a huge mistake both Lorcan and Rowan got up. With their well muscled bodies and many scars they looked terrifying. Their death glares made some in the room squeal but the males did not move, did not make the few steps towards Baron.
'My Lady, your majesty. Would you like us to torture him for his too long tong or shall I just take him to the cells so you can play with him when you will feel like it?' Lorcan asked Elide and Aelin. Elide smiled wickedly at him.
'I don't know, I still haven't had the chance to use that jewelled dagger I got from you. Your majesty what do you think?' Elide asked Aelin. And there went her plan to not reveal their titles, luckily she told everyone to call her 'Lillian' when they were with others from this world.
'We have plenty to torture back home, though that one in particular has been very annoying. Why don't we cut out his tongue since it seems to be the problem.'
'Did they just call you 'your majesty?'' Tamlin asked Aelin with raised brows but she ignored him.
Rowan and Lorcan made their way towards the High Lord of Autumn, who as soon as he realised what was happening put up a shield of fire around himself. Rowan let out a cruel laugh before using his own magic to put out Baron's flames. Baron despite himself almost let out a scream but managed to control himself at the last second, it took him extra few seconds to compose the terror in his eyes and face.
'I am one of the High Lords of these  lands you are to go back to your seats. You are fae and you are listening to some stupid young human females. You are a disgrace to the fae kind...' Baron half-yelled half-shrieked at them. Rowan held Baron's arms behind his back and shoved the lord into his knees while Lorcan took Baron's tong with one hand and took Baron's own dagger with the other.
'Sorry don't want to get my own dagger filthy or worse infected with whatever made you so stupid.' Said Lorcan not sounding sorry at all and cut out the Lords tongue with one sleek move. The whole room, save for those from Erilea, watched in terror the entire ordeal.
Rowan and Lorcan went back to their seats as if nothing interesting had happened. Healers rushed up to Baron but could not save his tong. Good Aelin though as she cracked a small smile.
'Well since that is sorted shall we discuss the alliance. My court and I just saved your lives. I think we can all agree that you all and your people owe us a life debt.'
'Your court?' Asked Helion, feeling brave by the fact that he had many conversations with Lillian and complemented her a few times on her intelligence.
'Yes. My court I am the Queen of Terassen.' Aelin said and after noticing Tamlin's expression added; 'By blood. My husband was a prince of a different bloodline. Dorian is king of Adarlan. Manon is Queen of the Witch Kingdom. Ansel is Queen of the Western Wastes. And Ilias is King of the Assassins. Lysandra is Lady if Caraverre and my second in command and Elide is Lady of Perranth.' Her words were met with stunned silence. Despite wanting to insult Lillian Tamlin and a few others kept their mouths shut not wanting to end up like Baron or worse.
'What would you like in return for saving us then.' Asked Helion, his voice came out strong though he couldn't quiet hide his weariness.
'What do we want from them, Lillian?' Ansel asked Aelin an evil smile playing on her lips. They have all already agreed on what Aelin was going to ask of the High Lords and the two High Ladies.
'Oh, nothing much but first we have to preform a special tradition from our world the High Lords and the two High Ladies have to come here and kneel.' Aelin said pointing to a spot right in front of herself, her face not revealing anything.
They did as they were told mostly because they were too afraid of her to do other wise.
'When I finish talking all you have to do is say 'Xuro pola miña vida, pola miña liña de sangue e pola miña xente. (I swear on my life, on my bloodline and my people's lives.) And then you will drink my blood.' Said Aelin.
'Why? What is it going to do?' Asked Helion.
'Nothing it's just an old ritual. In Terassen we like doing things the old way.' Aelin said looking board and as if she didn't quiet want to do it either.
'Xura que vostede e a súa xente defenderán a Erilea e á súa xente. Non facer dano a ningún deles por máis que sexan humanos ou ferias, bruxas ou outras especies. Para darlles acubillo cando sexa necesario, alimentalos cando teñan fame. Para ir á guerra se xurdirá a necesidade. Facer o que nunca ou calquera dos outros do meu mundo que están aquí e as nosas liñas de sangue dígolle que fagas. (Do you swear that you and your people will defend Erilea and its people. To not hurt any of them no matter whether they are human or ferie or witch or any other species. To give them shelter when needed, feed them when they are hungary. To go to war if the need will arise. To do whatever I or any of the others from my world that are present here and our bloodlines tell you to do.)' Said Aelin in the old language the words floating effortlessly off of her tong. She practiced a lot Rowan.
'Xuro pola miña vida, pola miña liña de sangue e pola miña xente.' Said all of the High Lords and Ladies kneeling apart from Baron who tried saying it but without his tong it sounded nothing like what Aelin had said and a lot like a baby trying to talk. Then Aelin took out her dagger and slit her wrist giving all of them three mouthfuls of her blood to drink. None of them were able to get up or speak for a few moments.
'What did you do to us.' Rhysand asked, anger written all over his features, though Feyre managed to glimpse fear in his eyes.
Aelin shrugged.
'You all just swore a blood oath to me.' Said Aelin. Amren went white, her eyes wide. That made even Rhysand terrified as in all his centuries of knowing her she was never scared, and  now. Now she was down right horrified.
Shit, what is a blood oath? Feyre asked Rhys through the mating bond.
I don't know darling but it must be bad. I've never seen Amren like this. Rhys replied trying to sound brave for his mate.
'And what is a 'blood oath'.' Asked Tamlin through clenched teeth.
'That you do what she tells you to do. She owns you, your property, your tittles, your children' said Amren, looking at Feyre and Rhys when she mentioned children 'she owns everything.' Feyre's heart skipped a beat, horror washing over her and Rhysand.
Rhys our son, our little baby boy. The baby... Said Feyre through the bond but was cut off by Rhys.
They will be fine, she doesn't know where Kaden is and her husband might not have  scented you yet. We can keep them hidden. Rhys told her in an attempt calm her down, though he was panicking himself.
'She can tell you to torture your own mate to death and you would have no choice but to obey.' Amren added after a while of silence.
'How can it be broken?' Asked Tamlin.
'It can't blood oaths are eternal. You would have to die.' Amren answered.
'Rhysand could you bring by daughter and your son here.' Said Aelin more politely than necessary considering he would have to do whatever she told him to. Dread washed over him and against his will he winnowed to the cabin where Nehemiah and Kaden where hidden with Feyre's sisters. And then back to the meeting room with the two children. Feyre was near tears, her eyes lined with silver but she couldn't cry not enough in front of her son.
'Mommy. Daddy.' Nehemiah shouted before running towards her parents with a big smile on her face. They hugged her. And Feyre pulled her own son towards herself and holding him close.
'Did you like playing with Kaden?' Asked Aelin. And Feyre was prepared to beg, from the looks of it so was Rhys.
'Yes. It was so much fun.'
'That's great. The Night Court are our allies now so you will be able to play when we come visit for meetings.' Aelin told her daughter. Feyre let out a relieved sigh.
'Do you want to say bye to Kaden before we go back to Terassen?' Aelin asked her daughter. While Dorian got up to draw the Wyrdmarks to open a portal that will take them home. Nehemiah nodded, went up to Kaden and gave him a hug, both Rhys and Feyre watched carefully.
'Bye Kaden.' Said Nehemiah a bright smile on her face. Kaden mirrored that smile.
'Bye.' Said Kaden.
Apparently Lorcan noticed the relief on Feyre and Rhys as he stayed back while the others went through the portal and said; 'Gods she's not heartless. The blood oath is more to make sure you don't betray us than anything else. I don't know anyone who wouldn't  say it's an honour to be blood sworn to my Queen.'

The portal closed behind him, the tension in the room instantly lifted and many let out a sigh.
'Is there really no way to break the blood oath?' Feyre asked no one in particular.
'Not unless you want to die girl.' Amren responded. 'If you were strong enough you could resist her orders but you would die in agony with in the hour.'
'Helion?' Rhys asked more desperately then he would like to admit.
'I don't know, I've never seen anything like it.' The High Lord of the Day Court answered.
'No. She used a different kind of magic. An old kind, there is nothing you or anyone can do to brake the oath.' Said Amren.
'Do you know what she said.' Feyre asked.
'I would have to research it. I didn't hear or use that language in a very long time.'
'Can you do it then.' Rhsy asked though it wasn't quiet a question. Amren nodded nonetheless.