Chapter 12

The Valg stood at the ready while Aelin and Rowan charged at them, smirks growing on their faces as the Valg thought they had already won despite the defeat of their king. They flung their dark powers at Aelin and Rowan but neither of them faltered, their speed steady and swords in position.
Manon and Dorian flew full speed to the back of the Valg troops, their own troops close behind them. Once they reached the very end they yelled; 'Drop!' at the exact same time as Lysandra told the ghost leopards to go, moving herself and shifting mid jump after a few feet.
The first clash of Aelin and Rowan's weapons against those of the Valg was near inaudible through the shouts of the three commanders. But Aelin and Rowan moved through the Valg like they were cutting through grass and not a demon race. Their moves swift and precise, unfaltering. They seemed to Feyre more like gods of death rather than fea. If any of the High Lords or anyone in their courts was not completely and utterly terrified of Aelin before they certainly were now.
The wyverns and Ruks releases the stones they were carrying straight on top of the Valg, crushing any who were unfortunate enough to find themselves underneath one as well as throwing off balance those who stood around them. Manon and Dorian ordered them to land as soon as all the stones were released and started their slaughter from the back of the Valg troops.
As soon as the first ghost leopard bit off the head of a Valg, Ilias and Ansel shouter for their troops to move forward. The rest were to wait for Elide's orders.  Though those were given two minutes later as she told the air troops to use their powers and bow and arrows to shoot the Valg once they reached the centre of the Valg troops, and soon after that she with the troops from Terassen and Prythian joined the others with the slaughter of the Valg.

The war lasted only forty-six minutes and by the end there was not a single Valg left alive and the Prythian and Erelia armies suffered minimum damage;  no deaths and only a hand full critically injured.

By the end of that war Rhysand has also realised two things. One Aelin was not someone to mess with and only an complete idiot would go to war against her. And two she was extremely dangerous, good on the battlefield and if she was your ally priceless, but extremely dangerous. In the few minutes she and Rowan were alone on the battlefield they have killed over two hundred Valg and even by the end of the war didn't have a single scratch on them, though their armour was partly to be thanked for that.

All those who came from Erelia used the portals to go back only Aelin, Rowan, Manon, Dorian, Ilias, Ansel, Elide, Lorcan, Lysandra and Aedion stayed behind wanting to talk to the High Lords and Ladies, who winnowed their armies to their courts before winning their ten new allies to the meeting room of the Summer Court.