Part 13

Beep, beep, beep.

The sound of the heart monitor was the only noise resourcing from the room. Hyde sat beside y/n, watching as her chest gently rose and fell, and listened to Red interrogate Eric from the hallway.

"What do you mean you don't know what happened?!" Red asked him in his usual gruff tone.

"I don't, Dad!" Eric defended. "All I saw is that she was sick and she was trying to get Fez and Hyde to stop fighting and she just dropped!"

"And you didn't catch her?" Red fumed. "She could've gotten hurt!"

"Well, I didn't expect her to fall!" he responded.

"Red, honey, your yelling isn't making anything easier," Kitty said quietly.

"For me it is!"

"Red," she said more sternly.

"Well, have they figured out what's wrong with her?" the worried father asked impatiently.

"No, they haven't," Kitty answered calmly.

"What's taking them so long?" he grumbled. "We've been here for hours!"

Kitty blinked at her husband. "We've been here for twenty-five minutes."

"And our daughter has been unconscious for forty! My little girl is in there now and I want answers, dammit!"

"Red, she's fine," Kitty said, trying to soothe him. "She's tucked in a bed right now with monitoring and her breathing is normal. They drew her blood and we're just waiting on the test results."

"They need to come faster!" he shouted, causing Kitty to frantically look around and smile nervously as her coworkers stared at them.

"Hey, Mom, if Dad has another heart attack, at least it'll save us another ambulance bill since we're already at a hospital," Eric said grinning, sarcasm bleeding into his tone.

"Can it, dumbass!" Red snarled.

Inside the room, y/n groaned, hearing the arguing from outside and slowly opened her eyes, seeing nothing but white. Her head felt someone was taking a jack hammer to her skull. Steven noticed and waited anxiously by her side.

"Why do they have to be so loud?" she mumbled.

Steven sighed in relief and grabbed her hand. "Are you okay? How're you feeling?"

"I think so," she croaked. "I feel like crap and I'm tired."

Hyde chuckled softly and leaned over, kissing her head softly. "You scared the crap out of me."

"What happened? Am I in the hospital?" she asked, not letting go of his hand.

Hyde paused, searching her face. "You don't—? You fainted and hit the ground pretty hard. They think you may have gotten a concussion."

"Well, that explains my headache," she grumbled and rubbed her head. She looked at Steven who was still looking at her with worried eyes. "Where is everyone?"

"Your parents are out in the hall with your brother, Fez is here but went to find ice cream." He rolled his eyes at the thought but continued. "And everyone else is on their way."

"How long have I been out?"

"About forty-five minutes. I'm glad you're okay," he answered and pulled her hand up to his lips, placing a gentle kiss.