Part 33

June 1, 1979

Point Place, Wisconsin

Forman/Hyde Residence

Eric Forman's Kitchen

"Hey, you two, how was your doctor's appointment?" Kitty asked as she was stirring a hot pot of chili on the stove.

"Ugh," Y/n groaned and plopped down on the chair at the table.

"The doctor says she can pop any day now," Hyde answered for her and opened the fridge for a drink.

"Awe, sweetheart, you must be so uncomfortable," Kitty said.

"I am. I'm so sick of being pregnant," she whined. "I'm tired, my ankles are fat, my back hurts and—Steven! Will you please stop breathing down my neck?!"

"Uh," he replied from the counter, no where close to her. "I'm over here."

Y/n whined again. "I'm so sick of being pregnant."

"The doctor said there are a couple things we can do to induce labor," Steven said and pulled out a list. "She said we can try spicy foods, long walks, castor oil—"

"Don't forget what she said could be more effective," Y/n cut in.

Steven gave her a stoney look and put his hand on his hip. "I'm not saying that."

"Why not? She's a nurse she hears this stuff all the time! Besides, she's gone through this as well!"

"What? Tell me what?" Kitty asked.

"No, I'm not saying it!"

"Steven!"

"Oh, for Pete's sake, tell me what?!" Kitty cried out.

"The doctor said sex can be the most effective to induce labor," Y/n blurted out.

"Y/n, what the hell?!" Steven said, embarrassed.

"Oh," Kitty said lowly and dropped her gaze back to the chili, almost uninterested. "Okay."

"Okay? That's all you got to say?" Y/n asked.

"Honey, it's pretty clear that you wouldn't be pregnant if you and Steven hadn't...you know..."

"Okay!" Steven interrupted. "As nice as this conversation is, I gotta get to work."

"Okay, fine, but—Mom, cover your ears—we're doing it later!" Y/n shouted after him as he slammed the door shut, hoping to drown out that last part.

"Well, isn't that lovely," Kitty mumbled and poured herself a cup of chili. "Y/n, on a more appropriate topic, do you want some chili?"

"Hey, guys," Eric introduced himself as he entered the kitchen. "Great news! I'm on my way to becoming a teacher. I filled out all my college application with red pen." He giggled to himself. "That's a teacher joke."

"Well, now look at him!" Red announced as he walked through the kitchen door. "Out of bed and productive before three o' clock."

"Honey, you're like a marine!" Kitty said cheerfully.

"A marine?" Y/n asked. "The only time I ever saw him storm a beach was when he was running away from a jellyfish!"

"Damn, what did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?" Eric quipped.

"If I could get up, I'd kick your ass for saying that," Y/n threatened, sighing, and shifted uncomfortably in her seat, the pain in lower back starting to intensify.