Part 20

November 3, 1978

Point Place, Wisconsin

Forman Residence

When Steven and y/n reached the driveway of the Forman house, they found themselves not able to move from the vehicle.

"I don't know why I'm so scared to go inside," she said, not taking her eyes off the house. "I mean, the worst has already happened."

"True, or he could kill us," Steven said, sarcasm dripping from his tongue.

"Nah, he's not dumb to do that again," Y/n said, trying to joke.

"You ready?" he asked her and grabbed her hand.

"No," she said.

"Y/n, we can't avoid them forever."

"Yes, we can. Like you said, we can run away and change our names. The Hydes are dead for all they know."

"Y/n."

"Yeah, I know," she said and got out of the car.

Leaving their luggage in the car just in case they needed to leave again, they walked in through the sliding doors to find Kitty at the kitchen counter.

"Y/n, Steven, you're home!" Kitty cried and immediately enveloped them in a hug. "Red! They're home!"

The couple immediately tensed up hearing his name. A minute later, he walked through the kitchen, the air around them going completely still—and a little awkward if they were being honest.

"Hi, Dad," Y/n said in a small voice.

"Hi y/n," Red said and look towards Hyde with a hardened stare. "Steven."

Steven dipped his head at him. "Red."

They stood there for a good second, awkwardly and looking anywhere but at each other.

"Oh, for Heaven's sake, sit down!" Kitty barked, causing y/n and Steven to sit down. "Red, don't you have something to say to them?"

"Yeah," he replied, feeling uncomfortable and stood in front of them with Kitty who had her hands clasped in front of her. "I'm still not happy with you two, but Kitty made me realize being that angry and kicking you two out is not going to change the fact that you're pregnant and getting married. And I'm told that you have a plan. So, tell me. What is it?"

The Hydes looked at each other awkwardly and Steven cleared his throat. "Well, I'm starting my new job with my dad on Monday at 8am," he started. "A-and, we're going to start saving up for a place and for the baby immediately."

"And about getting married?" Red questioned as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Well, um..." Y/n said, rubbing her palms together nervously. "You see, about that..."

"You are getting married, aren't you?" Red challenged.

"Of course they're getting married!" Kitty interjected and looked at the couple with knowing eyes. "Right, kids?"

"Wow, this is awkward," Y/n said and shifted in her seat. "You see, the thing is we...already got...married," she said slowly.

"You WHAT!" Kitty bellowed, causing y/n and Steven to flinch.

"Well, we weren't sure if you were still going to help or plan a wedding!" Y/n defended. "All we knew was that we were completely on our own with no help. We were close to city hall and we thought we would just do it there."

"Hey, thanks," Red said gleefully. "You saved me some money on a wedding."

"No, they didn't!" Kitty cried and turned back to the couple. "We missed the opportunity to see them!" She pointed a finger at them. "I want a freakin' wedding from you two!"