Part 26

Y/n and everybody had decided to go visit Steven at work the following Monday. W.B had been in a meeting so they were all just casually waiting for him to get back.

They were busy looking at the office walls that were filled with signed records from famous bands and singers, golden records. The shelves were filled with trinkets and things, and some genuine work related stuff. The natural light coming from the giant window overlooking Milwaukee made the golden records sparkle.

"Hey, thanks for coming down to meet my sister, guys. I had dinner with her and my dad last night and it and it was the first family dinner that I'd been to where we didn't have to file out one at a time," Hyde said to everyone.

"I thought you guys hated each other?" Y/n asked. "Last time we all met, it didn't go so well."

"Yeah, well she called a little after that and apologized, wanting to restart."

"Well, that's nice," she said.

"Man, Hyde, first a new dad and now a new sister?!" Kelso said excitedly. "It's like you hit the orphan lottery!"

"Look! Your dad has peppermint patties in a jar on his desk," Fez pointed out. "Heh. That's class, baby."

"You guys, that's nothing," Eric said. "I saw twenty bucks just lying on his desk and I kinda want to steal it." He paused from the magazine he was skimming before looking down again. "Wow. I'm starting to see the underbelly of not having a job."

"Wow, check it out Steven," Y/n said, staring at a picture on the wall. "Your dad knows Skynard. Impressive."

"What?! No way!" Kelso shrieked and pushed Y/n aside to see it. She stumbled to the side, annoyed. He spun back around to face everyone. "I heard that if you just yell Free Bird, they start playing it."

The door opened, revealing W.B and Angie.

"Ah, Angie," he said. "These our new brother's friends and of course his wife. They're scruffy, but they seem harmless. The friends, I mean."

"Hi, W.B," Y/n greeted sweetly and walked over to give him a hug.

"Hey, how's it going?" he asked cheerfully. "How was the honeymoon? Did you change out the sheets?"

Y/n blushed and avoided eye contact with everybody, nodding. Hyde, on the other hand, was smiling proudly.

Hyde pointed to Angie's natural curls and smiled. "Hey guys, look. The family 'fro!"

"I know what you're all thinking," Angie said. Last time Y/n met her, she didn't remember her being this nice. "What are the odds of Steven would have a previously unknown black half-sister?"

Everyone shook their heads.

"Well, I'll tell you. It's 2,437:1," she said proudly. "I'm a math major."

"Math major, huh?" Kelso asked, stepping forward. "I need some help building a homemade rocket. And we also need a hamster that's not afraid of heights or being blown up."

Angie gave him a tight-lipped smile and nodded. "You must be Kelso."

"Yeah, I am," he said, smiling down at her. "I'm so glad you showed up. It's a lot of pressure being the only good looking one in the room."

"Michael, that is so rude," Jackie said sternly. "You know there's two of us."

"And that makes you Jackie," Angie said.

"Correct!" Jackie said excitedly and ran over to her, enveloping her in a tight hug. "Okay, so let me bring you up to speed on the group." She started pointing at everyone. She pointed at Eric. "Too skinny." Then at Donna. "Too tall." Then at Fez. "Too foreign." And then pointed at herself. "Too-rific!"