Part 14

"You're...what?" Donna whispers, feeling her heart sink to her feet.

Y/n nodded and took a shaky breath. "Yeah."

Donna snapped out of her deer-caught-in-the-headlights look and grabbed her arm. "Downstairs. Now."

Donna yanked y/n down to the basement without being caught by the boys and shut the door, peeking outside to make sure no one followed them. Y/n went by the stairs to see if Red and Kitty were in sight and when she saw that they weren't, she shut the basement door and met Donna back downstairs.

"You're pregnant?" Donna asked. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," Y/n replied, panicking. "That's why I passed out. That's what the doctor told me after my blood and pee tests."

"How far along are you?"

"About three weeks."

"Does anybody else know?"

"No. Just you."

Donna shook her head and pinched the bridge of her nose. "How could you guys be so stupid?!"

Donna's sudden outburst caused y/n to slightly jump. Tears filled her eyes and she couldn't contain them anymore.

Donna ignored her tears as she continued. "You're only eighteen! Barley that! What are you going to do to provide for it? Are you even going to keep it? You and Hyde are dead. Literally dead. Red is going to drive his foot so far up your asses that they'll have to surgically remove them!"

"I know!" Y/n cried out, tears streaming down her face. "Damn it, I know. You think I haven't thought of that? You think I haven't thought about what my family is going to say or what Steven will? Or about our living situation once Red finds out? What kind of mother I'll be? What kind of father he'll be if he decides to stick around? What kind of job I'm going to have to do to provide for it? Am I going to have to do this alone? Who is going to leave? I can't do this alone, Donna. I can't. I just can't!" At this point, tears were racing down her face and she started to hiccup with every breath she took. She felt herself losing control and she already started feeling embarrassed for losing it in front of Donna, but if anything, at least it was in front of her best friend—the person she trusted the most. Besides Eric and Hyde.

Donna's face soften upon seeing y/n's meltdown and guided her to sit down on the couch. She wrapped her arms around her and pulled her in for a tight hug all while shushing her softly. "I'm sorry. It'll be okay. It's going to be okay."

"How do you know that?" Y/n croaked and pulled away.

"Because it always is," Donna answered honestly. "But know that you're not going to do this alone. Even if everyone else bails on you, you'll still have me."

Y/n's heart swelled as more tears fell down her face. "Thank you, Donna." She wrapped her arms back around Donna's neck. "I'm sorry."

Donna frowned. "For what?"

Y/n pulled away once more. "For putting this on you. I'm so sorry. I just needed to tell someone."

"Hey, you don't have to be sorry," she soothed her. "I'm glad you told me. Means you trust me."

Y/n chuckled softly. "That I do. Very much."

"You know the first thing you got to do, right?"

"Bury myself in a hole?"

Donna couldn't help but smile. "No. You need to tell Hyde."