Chapter 7

There was a bounce in her steps when my sister met me the next morning. She engulfed me in a bone crushing hug and excitement radiated off of her when she spoke, " Everything is so much more beautiful from up there! This place is so....full of colour!"

"I know." I greeted Morrigan who was right behind Alcina.

She returned my gesture, "Where are the others?" She craned her neck around.

"They are training." I told her. I had seen Feyre, Cassian, Azriel and Rhysand outside just a while ago.

"Did you eat today?" Alcina narrowed her eyes at me.

"Yes, ma'am." I bowed and gestured for her to follow Morrigan who was already heading towards where everyone was.

She smacked me on the arm but dragged me with herself.
Outside, Rhysand and Azriel were sparring and Cassain was training with Feyre who was busy throwing punches at him. He swerved and dodged them rapidly.

No-one payed us any mind as we sat on the side. The grass under Alcina's feet became greener and started growing but she would stop it after a few moments. Morrigan watched in fascination as the tree behind us began radiating with life and the small flowers near the base of the tree bloomed.

Alcina hummed to herself while watching the beautiful dance of death in front of her, completely oblivious to the butterflies and grasshoppers that I had to swat away. Luckily, having grown up with her, it was not difficult for me. Most of them were scared of my shadows and scattered away.

Soon after, Feyre and Cassian stopped and walked over to us. Feyre wiped the sweat on her forehead and smiled at all three of us while Cassian decided to start a conversation with my sister.

"Hello, Witch."

"Hello."Alcina replied.

"Do you two-" he thrust his chin towards me. "-have any experience in hand to hand combat?"

"I don't have a lot of personal experience.We lived in secluded areas. Lillith here has been in quite a lot of mortal danger though."

Cassian picked up a sword that was resting on the ground near us. "Let's test it, shall we?"

He was talking about me but as soon as he tilted the sword in his hands, a gust of wind rammed into his body and he lost his balance due to the suddenness of it. He stumbled backwards and Alcina threw her head back and laughed.

Morrigan and Feyre looked from us to Cassian who was slowly understanding what had happened.

Alcina rested her chin in the palm of her hand, "It's not so easy to face off a witch, Warrior heart."

Cassian smiled and like lightning, striked. My hands moved with rehearsed precision and two daggers flew out from under my cloak.

Behind me, my sister leaned back and watched.

"You're fast." Cassian said, almost impressed.

"I've had my fair share of enemies to fight." I smiled.

" Let's see if your enemies were worth it or not." With these words, he swung the blade again.

He had the advantage of having a larger weapon and hence, I had to get closer of I wanted to attack but I also had the advantage of two weapons.
Steel collided with steel as I tried to find a way to reach so close that I could attack.

Another advantage on my part was that Cassian had been training for hours. He was worn out.

Soon enough, he striked me from my left side. I cought the sword in between my daggers and twisted it, giving me just enough time to slice through his leathers near his shoulder.