Chapter 16

The sun was barely peaking above the horizon when I rolled over in the bed to lay on my stomach. My vision was floating and my head spun while I tried to blink away the dark spots dancing in my eyes.

Azriel tucked his arm under me and kissed my temple with his chest pressed against my back. He frowned when I groaned and pressed my face against the pillow.

"Are you feeling unwell?" He kissed my shoulder.

"I want to just sleep and never wake up." I mumbled.

"We can go back to Velaris and see a medic." He caressed my cheeks with his knuckles.

"No." I sighed and turned over before burying my head in the crook of his neck. My insides twisted and folded on themselves and I squeezed my eyes shut.

" I will be alright in a while."

He rested his face against the side of my head for a while before speaking again, "Rhysand can bring a medic here if you want."

I shook my head. "It's probably because I ate sometimes bad. I will be fine; why don't go and ask your spies to-" I stopped, the taste of bile in mouth.

Pushing Azriel off of me, I rushed towards the bathroom. He followed me inside and held my hair back as I vomited my guts out in the toilet. Slowly rubbing my back, he whispered a few comforting words as I felt like my soul was being pulled out of my body.

He carried me back to the bed after I wiped my mouth and I clung to his comforting scent. He brushed my hair out of face, kissed my cheek and gently said, "I'll find Rhys and ask him to go to Velaris soon. Stay here; I'll cook something. "

I simply curled into a ball and nodded slowly.

After he left, I focused on a flower pot by the window, it's petals slowly unfolding as Alcina got better and her magic spread through the house. The plump, red petals uncurled like a serpent raising it's hood.

Azriel has a serpent in my visions. What does that mean? I questioned for the first time.

Was last night a vision or simply a nightmare? I shuddered at the thought of it being a vision.

If I was already sleeping, I would have slipped into a vision and not realised it and if it was a vision....I stopped my mind from wandering and pinched my arm.

It was a nightmare. Nothing more.

I only stopped pinching my arm when there was a knock on the door.

Apparently, Azriel had left it unlocked because Alcina soon peeked inside.

I frowned when I saw her. "What are you doing out of bed?" I struggled to sit up but she stopped me.

"I felt well enough to walk over to another room and Azriel told me you were sick." She climbed onto the bed and settled down next to me.

Pressing down her hand on my forehead, she mumbled, "Hmmm, you don't seem to have a fever. When was the last time you ate? You didn't have dinner last night, did you?" She narrowed her eyes at me as I smiled sheepishly.

She rolled her eyes, "You two had the entire night and you still choose to ignore dinner."

I smacked her hand away and pushed her skirts off my legs while she only chuckled.

"It's not what you think it is." I grumbled.

She raised her eyebrows, "Oh. Then why don't you tell me what it is?" Amusement flashed across her face.

I took a deep breath, "I don't need to tell you. Go away! You're sick already!" I chided and tried to shoo her away but she caught my hand.

Frowning, she held tighter, trying to find the pulse. "Wait a moment. "