Bonus Chapter

I had to shield my eyes to look outside at the street so I could spot Morrigan. As expected, she lounged in a chair outside the restaurant, her eyes gazing lazily at the people pouring in and out of her wife's perfume shop.

I knocked on the window and she turned her head and smiled at me. "You should come inside. You can watch her from in here, you know." I suggested.

My restaurant was closed for today but Alcina had decided that she was going to open her shop even on saturdays.

"Will you let me taste the cake you are making?" She perked up.

I laughed, "Yes. Now come in."

Morrin, leaving the table outside, rushed inside just as I saw a particular illyrian sweeping down from the sky.

"He can't come in." Morrigan shut the door.

Cassian smiled broadly, "I have my permission to enter with me." He grinned as he revealed a laughing Cassina in his arms.

"Okay. You can come in." Mor said hesitantly and opened the door. As soon as he stepped in, she scooped Cassina from his arms and her smile grew larger. She wrapped her small arms arund her neck and giggled.

Cassian made a face but then decided he was more interested in the freshly baked cookies.

"I missed you so much." Mor kissed Cassina on the cheek. "Did Uncle Cass drop you again?"

Cassian yelled, "That was one time!" But his voice went unheard as Cassina answered, "We fwew ovar the twees. "

Mor smiled brighter at her childish pronunciation. "Do you want to go with me and Aunty Alcina later tonight? We could have a little party and invite Miss. Pony too."

She nodded her head rapidly, "Miss. Pony was all awone." She pouted to give her statement the full effect.

Mor laughed, "She won't be alone anymore if we invite her."

In all of our fascination with my daughter and for some people, the cookies, we hadn't noticed a shadowsinger that lingered by the door. "Can I have a day with my wife and daughter alone?" He sighed and that drew our attention.

I snorted and threw my arms around his shoulder before giving him a peck on the lips. Cassian and Morrigan both shook their head in unison.

He glared at both of them, "I am going to take them both to her house tomorrow and you two are going to stay right here." He pointed a finger at them.

Cassian snickered, "Lily?" He said and I turned towards him.

"Hmm?"

"Az was complaining that you could be nicer to him."

I looked at my husband with raised eyebrows and he shook his head, "I did not say that." Then, to Cassian. "Stop lying, Cass."

I interrupted them both, "Let's talk about that for a moment. Let's talk." Azriel desperately shook his head but I continued, "You said you were free last month so I decided to sleep in for a while. Then, when I woke up, you were gone. I spent the entire day with Cassina in here and then, when you finally found your way back home from heaven knows where, you just came in and slept in my lap. In my lap." I pointed to my lap and then at him. "Both of you little shits took an hour long nap in my lap while I was trying to do some work. Tell me more about how I could have been nicer."

Azeiel scratched his head, "By not calling us little shits?"

"No." I said and smiled at him.

"Anyhow,-" He glared at Cassian who grinned in return, "- I'm going to take both of them with me because I am not free everyday."