Chapter 5

Welcome to Chapter 5 - enjoy this new chapter!!

Mitch Rapp POV

Someone really needs to stop that annoying beeping sound before I pull out my knife and stab it repeatedly to shut it up. I open my eyes to be greeted by what can only described as the most boring and hospital looking ceiling, I start running my eyes over the room and notice the two windows currently locked with a dead bolt, a plain door which I guess leads to a bathroom and then finally to the main door into the hallway that has two blinded windows next to it.

I gradually lift myself into a sitting up position and carefully remove the oxygen mask off my face and the IV out of my arm before turning off the monitors so I can disconnect myself without any noise going off alerting anyone what I was doing. I located my clothes in the cupboard next to me, after I was changed I grabbed the clipboard off the end of my bed and read the notes on it.

Uh looks like I got shot again and I am currently in Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital, ah Stiles's home town. Okay so now I know where I am, how did I get here and where are Thomas and Stiles? I peek through the blind and notice the coast is clear, I carefully open and close the door making as little as sound possible.

I notice the sign ahead of me had Stiles's name crossed out and Thomas written under it, well that was easy. But if Thomas is here, where is Stiles? I quietly open the door to Thomas's room and slip inside, I notice his room has the same layout as mine. As I approached the end of his bed, I grabbed the clip board and read the injuries and noticed they were identical to mine minus the addition of a stab wound to the heart.

"Thomas, are you awake?" I ask nudging his leg after placing the chart back down in its holder but he showed no sign of hearing me.

I left the room again and made my way down to the lift, I needed to find the visitors room as I had a feeling who I need to speak to would be inside. As the lift doors open, a woman in a nurses outfit walked out and straight into me.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I..." She started but then stopped talking as she seemed to notice who she had walked into.

"Agent Rapp, I didn't expect you to be awake just yet let alone walking around. I'm Melissa McCall, I am nurse here and like a second Mum to Stiles." She advised introducing herself before pressing the button to open the lift doors again.

"Nice to meet you Melissa, please call me Mitch." I advise before holding out my hand and gently shaking hers.

"Here, follow me. I will take you to where everyone is gathered and then I will come back to check on Thomas." Melissa advises as the lift doors open again and I follow her inside before the doors close again and take us down to the ground floor.

As we near the visitors room I can already hear a mix range of voices coming from inside, I recognise Irene and Stan distinctive voice along with one or two others but couldn't place the names of who it was. Melissa must have realised I had seemed to stop as she grabbed my hand and squeezed it in reassurance.

"It's okay, I'm not going to lie but there are quite a few people in there. Promise me, you will take it easy and if you start to feel tired let us know and we will take you back to your room. Remember, you have not long had major surgery." Melissa advised sounding a lot like a concerned parent before letting go of my hand and opening the door.

I step into the room and notice the vast amount of people turn their heads in my direction as Melissa closes the door once I have stepped far enough inside. I look around the room and notice Irene and Stan getting to their feet along with a gentleman in a Sheriff's uniform who I guess must be Stiles's Dad and I also notice Teresa, Jorge and Vince.

"Mitch! What on earth are you doing out of bed?" Irene shouts at me after a few moments and I hold myself at my full height before answering.

"With all do respect, right now in bed is not the place I need to be. My mission is not over until everyone has returned back to base and the target is eliminated fully." I state standing to attention and staring directly into her face as I hear the door open and out of the corner of my eye I notice Melissa leaving the room.

I notice Stan move around Irene and I knew exactly what was about to happen, what I had come to call the Stan Seal of Approval. He swung his right fist hitting me square in the face and I drop to one knee as I hear gasps run around the room before rising back to my feet and staring at him directly in the face showing no pain.

"What is the first lesson I ever taught you?" Stan asks and I knew he was asking to check to make sure I wasn't emotionally compromised.

"Never let it get personal, sir." I answer instantly showing no emotion in my face or in the tone of voice I used.

"Do you need to learn that lesson again?" Stan asks getting into my face and I flip him over my shoulder onto the floor sliding the knife out of my boot as I kneel down over him with the knife by his neck.

"Never slice, always stab down here. Quick and a lot more effective" I state aloud copying the same motion he did to me on my first day of training.

I stand up and place the knife back in my boot holder before helping Stan back to his feet earning a nod before he headed to sit down like nothing had happened.

"Sheriff Stilinski, may I have the honour of shaking the hand of the father of the craziest and bravest man I have ever met. I'm Mitch Rapp, it's lovely to meet you finally." I state shaking his hand as a look of pride flashes on his face.

"Nice to meet you also, this is Rafael, Scott, Lydia, Parrish and Derek. I believe you have already met Teresa, Vince and Jorge." Sheriff introduced everyone in the room before we all took our seats.

"This is far different of a meeting then me and Stiles had planned when we spoke about this moment." I state as I look at his friends and family and notice Scott and Lydia holding back a smile.

"Mitch, we received this from Stiles not long ago. It contains all the files about WCKD and everything we may need along with a message from him. Also when Jorge, Teresa and Vince arrived they explained that Thomas is the key to saving Stiles's life." Rafael stated handing me a laptop and I pressed play watching Stiles's video before flipping through the files.

"Teresa, how long and where would they take him?" I ask knowing she will know out of everyone, currently present in the room,  how long he has left as she was the last to see him before he was taken and would have an idea of what they have planned.

"A couple of days, depending on whether they treated the wounds or not. Main facility just outside the city limits. But Mitch, Ratman has him." Teresa explained and I knew this was going to be more of a recovery mission instead of a rescue mission.

I close the laptop screen down and hand the laptop back to Rafael before rising to my feet and begin to pace the room assessing everyone present. I was already well aware of their supernatural abilities along with the strengths and weaknesses.

I stop pacing as I hear the door open once again and look to see Melissa return with Thomas walking into the room behind her, I walk over to him and embrace him in a tight hug before letting go and looking directly into his face.

"I'm sorry, this is all my fault. I really wanted to trust her and I didn't want anyone else to die because of me." Thomas states before dropping his head down.

"Thomas, this is not your fault. You were right about Teresa and I am sure you were right about Ava. Right now, he needs us both to focus and save his arse for once." I state and watch as he lifts his head and looks at me with tears shining in his eyes.

"Mystery, Mitch and Mischief, back together once again" He states before rolling his sleeve up to reveal the matching tattoo visible on my own arm.

"Mystery, Mitch and Mischief." I state before tapping Thomas on the back and turning around to the room.

"Lets go bring Mischief home!"

Thank you for reading - there is going to be a delay in the next chapter been loaded as just reloading my other stories.