Chapter 10

Welcome to Chapter 10 - thank you everyone for the votes and reads - here is the next chapter and the answer to the mystery code!

Thomas POV

Hundreds of thoughts were running through my mind as the radio just gave back static and Lydia said time was running out. What is WCKD had got to him already? What if he was dead? What if he hadn't of made it? I was snapped out of my head by Teresa laying her hand on mine and squeezing it tightly as though she could hear what I was thinking.

"It's going to be okay Tom, we are going to save him and then we are going to end WCKD once and for all." Teresa stated with such hope radiating in her voice that it almost made me believe her.

"It just feels the same as it did with Newt, I was the key to saving him and now apparently I am the key to saving Stiles. I can't lose him too." I state looking down at the floor of the plane to hide the shame I was feeling.

"You did everything possible in that situation to save Newt, you didn't find out the truth until it was too late to save him. This time is completely different, you have family and friends helping and we are going to save him. No matter what the cost." Teresa advises lifting my head to face hers as she spoke.

"Thank you, I needed to hear that. I am really glad that you are here with me." I advise before leaning forward and gently kissing her before pulling away.

"Alright everyone prepare yourself, we will be landing in a few moments. Radios on and lets go get Stiles back." Jorge states from the pilots seat and I feel the panic slowly rising inside me again.

A few moments later the Berg touches down and I grab my bag and head out, as I looked around I felt overwhelmed with nostalgia over the last time we were here. This is the first real place I had felt safe since I had woken up in the Box.

I headed off with Vince, Jorge and Teresa following the east path towards the meeting point, compared to everyone else we had an advantage as Vince was well aware of the area. We decided to run for as long as possible to cover as much distance as possible.

"Ground crew to all groups, over" Aris voice came through the radio causing us all to stop and answer the radio.

"Mystery to Ground crew, we can hear you over" I answer into the radio hoping they were radioing to say they had arrived with Stiles.

"We have found a vehicle about a mile away to the west from the meet location, engine still has some heat present. Unsure if Stiles or WCKD have used this but there is blood inside and appears it was started using a screwdriver. Over!" Aris advises and deep down I hope this was Stiles but them finding blood worried me.

"TA to Ground crew, it's Stiles, if he can't find his keys for his jeep he use to get it started with a screwdriver. Over!" Scott shouts with excitement down the radio and again the feeling of dread enters me as that means the blood is his.

"Ground crew copy that, we have seen no sight of WCKD from the west. We radio once package is secure, over and out!" Aris states again and I place the radio back in my bag and we start heading off again knowing we would all arrive with each other soon.

Sheriff POV

Since my feet had hit the ground I don't feel like they have stopped, the sun was beating down constantly with the wind sweeping the sand into our eyes. I took a few sips on my bottle as we listen to the radio conversation with Scott piping up about Stiles starting the jeep with a screwdriver.

"Alright keep your sense about you, we are not far from the meeting point so need to make sure WCKD are not following. Scott and Parrish you are the fastest runners of the group can you both head off in either direction before looping back towards us in case we are been tracked." Mitch explains as he takes a sip of his own bottle before packing it away as Scott and Parrish head off.

We start walking again and I can't help but keep glancing at Mitch comparing the difference between him and Stiles, the more I looked at him the less amount of difference I can find. They have the same golden brown eye colour, identical moles and both seem to hold themselves in the same way, the only main difference was the slightly longer hair and scruffy beard.

"Let me guess, you are comparing the differences between me and Stiles!" Mitch states looking at me with a knowing smile and I am confused how he knew this.

"Sorry I don't meant to stare, how did you know what I was doing?" I ask curious if it was just a CIA thing or something more.

"Stiles. The first time we met he did the exact same thing, compared our eye colour, mole location, scars and hair colour. Just say anything that could be compared was compared but funny enough once we both found Thomas we did the same thing to him." Mitch explains and it makes me chuckle how alike me and Stiles really are.

Parrish and Scott came back just as we reached the top of the hill at the meeting place, I spotted Thomas's group, Rafael's group and anther group all gathering at the different sides.

"Welcome to the former home of the Right Arm." Mitch stated as we looked around the area taking in the full area.

"We have a problem! I spotted several SUV's heading in our direction along with some Bergs heading our way. Scott advises he spotted the same also." Parrish states also and I feel my stomach drop

"All teams be aware we have incoming! Locate the package and prepare to engage." Mitch grabbed his radio and shouted the command in as I took of running with everyone else down the hill to the main area.

As we all gathered in the middle Chris, Rafael and Parrish all dropped the large bags they had been carrying before Chris opened them up to reveal several guns, ammunition, grenades and flares along with a few other weapons.

"Okay we have spotted several SUV's and Bergs heading in our direction, some of us know what happened last time so lets be better prepared. We need a small team trying to locate Stiles while the rest arrange the traps and set up ready to engage." Mitch states seemingly taking the lead of the situation.

"Lydia and Scott would you come with me to find Stiles." I state knowing we would be better at locating Stiles then anyone else here, after all we are his Father, Brother and Fiancée.

"Sheriff, if you don't mind I want you to take Rafael with you instead. I need Lydia and Scott here with me, you have Rafael both have enough experience to be able to locate Stiles and keep him safe until we can get him out of here. My gut is telling me is that he is up on that Ridge as it holds a tactical advantage along with some caves that he could keep shelter in." Mitch states pointing to the Ridge area behind me and I knew I need to trust him.

I nod before turning and start heading to the Ridge with Rafael knowing time is running out and we need to get to Stiles sooner rather then later, as we took the winding path up the Ridge we checked each opening but found nothing.

"Wait, is that blood?" Rafael states pointing to the path just ahead, it was small drops but that certainly looked like blood to me.

"Yeah looks like it, there seems to be more up this way." I state motioning to the ground as my throat grew dryer as I spoke.

"He is going to be okay. He is a tough kid and has survived way worse then this both Supernatural and normal related." Rafael stated and I was grateful he was here, a few years ago I would have hated this but he has changed for the better.

"Seems kinda funny after all these years that somethings never change, my Son missing and we are finding him in a cave. Almost a sense of history repeating itself." I laugh out trying to defuse the tension of the situation.

Rafael suddenly stops in front of me and I move to go around him but he holds my arms stopping me from walking any further forward but its too late I spot what he is trying to hide from me and I feel my world crashing down around me.

"No!! Oh please no, I can't lose him too!!" I scream as I drop down at the sight in front of me as my eyes remain fixed in the direction of the cave.

"I'm so sorry Noah!" Rafael states trying to comfort me but nothing can comfort me now, I am alone in the world and no one is going to change that.

Thank you for reading - so 74448276 stands for Right Arm! - new chapter will be up soon!!