Chapter 17

Chiyo POV

I stand in line right next to Naruto and Kiba, ignoring the pain in my shoulder to the best of my ability Anko begins to speak, "Congrats on passing the second stage of the Chunin Exams, not as many failed as I had hoped but what could you do." I snort slightly, leave it to her to say something like that and give everyone mix feelings.

I make eye contact with gramps and could make out the worry in his eyes, Kakashi-nii must have told him about the curse mark thing. "Are you sure you don't just want to seal it kid, it could be too dangerous to mess with it." I hum at Touma's statement, "It could be a huge risk but why give the snake the satisfaction of thinking he forced me into a corner. So what better way to piss him off than to turn his 'gift' into a weapon to use against him." He chuckles lowly, "He really pissed you of didn't he." I smirk and look up at the sound ninjas 'jounin' flaring my nose as the mark pulses when we make eye contact.

What I'm wondering though is how no one has notice that that's Orochimaru standing there next to them. I sweat-drop at Kakashi-nii and Gai, I've never really officially meet Gai now I'm kind of glad I haven't yet. Now that I think about it could he and Lee be related? They look sooo similar and act the same that it's kind of scary.

I feel eyes on me and turn to find Neji glaring at me, I raise a brow at him and he turns away. What's problem I've never met him or his teammates officially either so I couldn't have done something to pissed him off.

"Maybe its that aloof attitude of yours, you've been spending to much time with Kakashi." I pout and cross my arms over my chest, its not my fault that he's like an older brother to me.

"Now listen up Lord Hokage is going to explain the Third Exam to you so you better listen carefully." And I will take this as my time to zone out and sooth my shoulder a little, I place my hand on my left shoulder and push a little chakra into it. I relax and close my eyes grateful that I know medical ninjutsu, I still have a lot to learn though. "The Third Exam is a fight for life not just for yourselves but you're villages pride. Now listen closely while I explain it more to you." I throw my head back and groan, I just want to go home, shower, eat and start modifying this curse mark.

I frown listening to Hayate coughing fit, somethings up with his lungs maybe he was hurt bad during a mission. "Before we have the Third Exam we need to hold a preliminary exam so we can move on." Immediately people begin to protest making me sigh, why does all of this have to happen to me. "As Lord Hokage said a lot of important people are coming only to watch the best. That said if any of you feel you are in no shape to continue please raise your hand. The preliminary's will start right away."

Kiba growls, "Come on right now!?" I close my eyes, "If you feel like you can't handle this because your tired and hungry you have no business being a shinobi." All eyes turn to me, Kiba snarls at me.

"The hell you just say!!"

I open my eyes and look at him coldly, he visible flinches. "Do you really think a enemy ninja is going back off because your tired and hungry. These Exams are preparing us for what we may face in the future so as I said if you can't handle it you have no right to be a shinobi." I'm met with nothing but silence, maybe I went to far? I hiss and clench my shoulder, "Chiyo are you okay,"

I smile at Sakura, "I'm fine don't worry." Naruto frowns at me, "You're lying to us, say maybe you shoul-!" But Sasuke cuts him off, "Enough you two I get you're worried for her but she can handle herself and knows her own limits. If she wants to continue the Exams let her then." I look at Sasuke in shock then I smile, "Thank you for believing in me Sasuke." He smirks and turns tom face the front again, maybe I'm growing on him too.

"This round will consist of 1v1 sudden death matches, the matches will end when someone forfeits or dies. The winners of these matches will advance to the Third Exam as for the rules there are none, you can go against you're opponent with the intent to kill. I might intervene if a match seems too hopeless to save as many lives as possible." A panel opens showing a screen, "Each and ever name is chosen at random before each match the names will appear on this screen behind me. That's all there is too is so lets begin the first match."

We all watch the screen wanting to see who would be fighting in the first match.

Yoroi Akado vs. Sasuke Uchiha

"All right those whose name is on the screen please step forward. You two are the first match are there any objections." They both say no, and I study Sasuke's opponent he doesn't seem special but then again looks are always deceiving. "Everyone other than the two candidates clear the area and wait up there for your turn. I put my hand on Sasuke shoulder, "You better not lose Uchiha." He smirks, "Wouldn't dream of it besides you're someone I really want to fight."

I chuckle and walk away finding a nice spot on the floor for a nap, "Chiyo what are you doing." I look up at Kakashi-nii, "What does it look like I'm doing, I'm going to take a nap." He looks at me amused, "Oh don't you want to watch you're teammates match?" I close my eyes, "It's because he's my teammate I can relax and take a nap because I know he'll win." I slowly begin to drift off, man I really needed this.