Chapter 18

Chiyo POV

Kakashi-nii had woken me up after Sasuke had won, I was a little grumpy considering I didn't want to wake up until my match. But he gave me a closed eye smile saying its important for me to watch because I don't know who my future opponent is.

I was barely able to stay awake for all of them but I could tell you who won each match.

Zaku vs. Shino: Shino won

Tsurugi Misumi vs. Kankuro: Kankuro won

Sakura vs. Ino: it was a tie

TenTen vs. Temari: Termari won

Shikamaru vs. Kin: Shikamaru won

Kiba vs. Naruto: Naruto won

Neji vs. Hinata: Neji won

I really wanted to punch that Neji guy in the face when I was stabilizing Hinata, he needs to realize she isn't the one to blame. Kurenai-sensei was next to me the whole time while I was healing her and thanked me profusely. I rub the back of my neck and told her there was no need to, I would help my comrades any way I can. Now it was Gaara's turn to fight fight and it was against Rock Lee, this isn't going to end well at all.

I look down directly at Gaara who was already looking at me, and give him a threating look letting Touma's eyes flash at him. "That kids no doubt going to lose control, we are the only ones who can beat him back. So be ready at any moment, this is our chance to repay him for helping you're teammates." I clench my fist, "Lets just hope this curse mark doesn't act up to soon." A hand rest on my shoulder and I look up at Kakashi-nii, "Something wrong Chiyo?"

I hesitate, "Just have the medic team on stand by." He looks at me curious but doesn't ask which I am thankful for, I'm already on edge. "All right then if you both are ready you may begin." Lee rushes forward, "Leaf hurricane!" But just as I expected Gaara's sand blocks the kick without him moving its the ultimate defense, not to me though. More sand then gathers fast and launches fast at him, Lee manages to dodge in time.

I watch Lee try to get threw but he was failing at ever turn, I was getting frustrated for Lee. I listen to Kankuro explain how his sand protects him without him having to do anything, "Damn that Shukaku" Touma seems to really hate Shukaku and I really wonder why. "There is a way to get threw the his ultimate defense." Everyone's attention turns to me, "Oh and what would that be brat." My eye twitches, "It's simply speed and power behind hits can get you threw a lot."

"Well is that all, I hope you haven't finished entertaining me.....we haven't had enough blood." I grip the railing as the sand wraps around Lee's ankles and throw's him hard at the wall. I would say he could use ninjutsu but judging by his chakra level's he's should only be able to do E-ranked jutsu's.

And against Gaara that wouldn't even put a dent in his sand, I've heard about Gai's skills in taijutsu maybe he taught some to Lee. That's really the only hope he has of winning at this point. "Speed and powerful hits you say. All right Lee take them off!" Lee looks over surprised, "But Gai-sensei you said only if it was an emergency's." Gai gives him a thumbs up, "That's right I did but this is the exception."

Curiously I watch Lee pull down his leg warmers and take off some waits, but when he drops them and they crack the ground I can say I'm very impressed. "All right now goooo!" Lee goes at Garra at an incredible speed surprising everyone. "Say Chiyo Bushy Brows is just as fast as you!" I scoff a little offended, "You dobe she was moving 9 times faster than him." Sakura then looks at me curious, "Say those purple marks on you're body are they weights?" I glance around to see everyone trying to listen in, "Gomen but I can't answer your question here Sakura."