Chapter 25

Jiraiya Pov

I stand on the roof with Naruto and look at the destroyed castle, "So what happened it's like a typhoon hit." I hum just as a few people come running by screaming, "Hey you there what happened here?" The guy looks at me frighten, "If your smart too you'll run there's a monster up there." It has to be her, "What kind of monster what do you mean?"

"A snake! It crushed the castle without even trying!!" I grit my teeth so he's hear too, "Come on Naruto it could be the same snake I want a closer look at this monster." We take off I swear if it is Orochimaru too I will make him pay for hurting my little tadpole. He went to far with her and him knowing that she was my kid. I just hope Tsunade doesn't do anything foolish it would mean trouble for the village.

We arrive and I sigh, "Looks like where too late. Let's go Naruto where not going to find Tsunade here." He grumbles we start to make our way towards town, "This is getting ridiculous how many places are you going to drag me to. I'm starting to think this old lady doesn't exist." I stop and look towards a bar, "Let's get something to eat in here.

"Hey what are you talking about this is a bar I can't drink!!!" I sigh and walk in, "You idiot I didn't say anything about drinking. Just have a snack and stay out of the grown ups conversation." I look around the bar and finally find the person I've been looking for, "Tsunade!" Her eyes widen, "Jiraiya!?" I chuckle and move to sit across from her, "Man you are a hard person to find, should have known you'd be in here." We sit not saying anything for a moment, "It's like a reunion today all the old faces popping back up." I pour her more sake, "You mean Orochimaru right? So what happened?" She glances at Shizune, "Nothing much we just said Hello is all."

She then pulls out cards and begins to shuffle them around so I hand my plate to Naruto. I can tell he's wondering why she looks so much like Chiyo, glad he hasn't pieced it together yet. "Well then why have you been looking for me." I take the cards from her, "I'll cut to the chase sensei and the council want you to become the 5th Hokage." Naruto chokes on his fish next to me, "You heard what happened right? And how a very important person to the both of us got hurt." Her eye's widen slightly, "Yes Orochimaru had told me himself."

Naruto looks at us both, "Wait the same Orochimaru that the old man and Chiyo fought?! Just who is this guy?" I glance at him, "He's a Sannin like Tsunade and myself except he went rouge." Tsunade looks at him, "And whose this brat?" I chuckle a little, "This is Naruto Uzumaki."

Naruto stands furious, "So this guy you know he attacked Chiyo you're daughter what have you done about it Pervy-sage!!" I send him a glare, "Naruto sit down and shut up now." He was about to argue but I knew he saw the look in my eye and does what I say with his fist clenched. "I'll say it once again they want you to become the 5th Hokage. And I want you to come back and heal her." She silent for a moment, "Impossible, I decline."

I sigh, "You know I remember you saying those very same words the first and only time I asked you out." Naruto yells in frustration, "You said we where going to bring her back to heal Chiyo, Sasuke, and Kakashi-sensei not then you go and pull this stuff about making her Hokage and she says no."

"Don't worry Naruto she knows she can't refuse after all her Grandfather and Uncle where the First and Second Hokage. There was no one who did more for the village during the great war she combines unrivaled skills as a warrior and a medic." He frowns, "Big deal Chiyo is probably ten times better then she is, so lets just heal her and make her Hokage!" I smile a little, "You're not wrong but she still has things to learn and is a little young."

He grumbles, "The title of Hokage is a fools dream, throwing your life away for the sake of the village. Your friend sounds like she perfect for the role so make her Hokage when she wakes up." My hand twitches, and Naruto breaks his chopsticks slamming his hands into the table. "I'm not going to let you disrespect the old man especially Chiyo. She's braver than anyone I know and is my best friend, so I'll knock that stupid sneer off her face!"

Tsunade stands up, "Are you challenging me brat? Let's take this outside kid." I sigh why can't I ever catch a break these day's.

(Timeskip a night later)

I find Tsunade at the bar with Shizune, "Funny finding you here." She glances at me, "What the hell do you want?" I grin, "Oh come on don't be that way I know you're glad to see me." I turn to Shizune, "Would you mind leaving the two of us alone." She nods and exits the bar, so I take her spot next to Tsunade.

"You know she's quiet the kid, way smarter and mature than what I was at that age that's for sure. And man does she pack a punch like you especially if she catches me doing my research. Naruto really looks up to her, she was his first friend and she hardly knew him." She let's out a shaky breath, "I'm sorry.....for not telling you." I take a gulp of my sake, "I'm not mad Tsunade and you don't have to tell me why you did it. But I would like you to come back she hurt herself pretty bad using a jutsu to seal Orochimaru's chakra points in his arms. So when you meet Orochimaru remember how much effort your daughter put into that."

Her face turns to surprise, "I could see it in Shizune face when I asked what went on between you two. I don't know what deal he made you but it's won Dan and Nawaki would have wanted, and he will no doubt go after Chiyo. Did he tell you that he placed his curse mark on her?" She crushes her cup, "He did what?!" I scoot to the edge of my chair, "He used her teammates as bait for her because he knew she would do anything to keep her friends safe. But we managed to change it completely and make it her own so it doesn't affect her any more. He really made a mistake pissing her off thought because before she got to the village she was going by a different name."

She looks at me curious but I grin, "And you'll have to find that out when you get back to the village." Tsunade clench's her eyes shut, "Can we stop talking about her please." I nod, hopefully this week will give her enough time to make up her mind and come back to the Leaf and gets you better Chiyo.