Chapter 8

Chiyo pov
I yawn a little as I make my way to the academy. I think Kakashi-anki is rubbing off on me because I'm late hehe. Not that matters though since I'm doing the exams by myself. My heart swelled when the others started to protest me taking the exams alone. Well Sasuke looked more annoyed that he wasn't chosen but I'll still take it.

My stomach twist thinking back to the conversation I had with Garra.

Flashback

I sit on the roof next to the hotel the Sand Genin where staying at. "I was beginning to think you weren't going to show Garra-kun." I stand and then to face him only to see that he's staying at a distance, staring at me with cold eyes.

"You didn't bring Kasumi." My hand twitches on reflex, you can here the desire to kill in his voice. Something's wrong, "Ya sorry I forgot I gave her permission to stay with a friend while that Chunin exams are going on." A dark look enters his eyes, "Mother says I have to spill her blood." "Mother?" I feel something wrap around my ankle, and my heart drops seeing sand. I replace myself with a water clone and watch Garra rip it apart.

"I see you finally gave in to Shukaku." He spins around looking at me with such bloodlust...I may have lost the Garra I have known. Touma's power begins to stir in me, and Garra takes a step back. "If you come near that little girl, I will kill you both Shukaku..." His eyes widen hearing Touma's voice.

I shunshin to the other side of the village and let out a sad sigh. The seal become unstable and with the way he is now its not gonna be easy to get close to him. "And did you have to threaten him Touma?" All I get is a grunt in response making me sweat drop..life hates me.

End of flashback

I ignore all that stares and whispers around me. Making my way to the third floor, "The smell of snake is overbaring in this room kid." I click my tongue in annoyance, "Then lets find the rookies fast Touma. I have a feeling has here for a specific rookie." I finally reach the doors and find Kakashi-anki leaning by them casually. "I was beginning to think you weren't going to show."

I roll my eyes suppressing a snort, "Baka of course I was going to come. Old man third would have my head if I didn't." He chuckles and pats my head, "I'm just teasing you, now run along and make sure the other don't kill each other before the exams even begin." I lazily salute him and enter, then sweat-drop at the sight. All there fighting is attracting the attention of the other participants.

"Hey Naruto isn't it to early to be fighting?"

All there heads snap in my direction, "Its as if...they've practiced it.." I mentally agree with Touma's the rest of team seven joins my side. "And who are you.." I smirk slightly meeting the lazy pineapples eyes, the gears in his head are already shifting. "Chiyo Senju at you're service." Naruto throws his arm over my shoulder causing me to have fi bend down slightly. He is that shortest of the team after all. "I'll introduce you to the gang. This lazy sloth is Shikamaru Nara..."

I tune Naruto out seeing as I already know all there names. I make it a priority to memorize the people I'm protecting. Sakura suffles closer to me but I don't mind, her presences is strangely comforting to me. I tune back in as soon as the smell of snake starts to get closer. Touma snarls, "Hey you guys keep it down if I where you. No offense but you're the rookie 10 right?."

"Don't be fooled kid he's surpressing his charka. So theres not telling how strong this guy really is." I clench and unclench my fist, "This guy he has that smell of snake all over him. So there's no doubt he works for Orochimaru."

"...and Chiyo Senju." I move my glare over to Sasuke, stupid duckbutt. There shouldnt be that much information about me seeing as two people know that full extent of my abilities. Kabuto whose name I got from Ino gives us information on another Leaf genin name Rock Lee and Garra. He holds up what I can only assume is my card, and the basdard actually has the nerves to smirk at me. "Let's see Chiyo Senju, she's the same age as you guys. Is one of the only remaining members of the famous Senju clan. She sort of a mystery you see Chiyo didn't grow up in the village. Missions under her belt 34 D-ranked missions, a C-ranked turned A-rank, incredible 2 S-ranked missions! Her squad leader is Kakashi Hatake and teammates Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno and Naruto Uzumaki. Her abilities are-!"

I snag the card right out of his hand and burn it to a crisp. "If you want to know about my abilities you'll just have to fight me in the exams." Before anyone can say anything my eyes widen and I duck under a charka covered fist. I bind the sound ninja in wood, flinching at the sound waves. I touch my ear and growl at the sight of my blood. I let my KI run wild at everyone besides the rookies.

"Some ninja you are if you cant even sneak up on someone. Anyone else wanna play with me?"

"Chiyo enough release that fool and stop scaring the other brats." I smile a little as Ibiki and the other Chunin appear in a cloud of smoke. "Always ruining my fun." I let the sound ninja go and smirk right back at him. "My name is Ibiki Morino you're proctor for the first part of the Chunin Exams."

He looks me directly in the eyes, "And from this moment on your worse enemy." Challenge excepted Ibiki, challenge excepted.