Chapter 36

Chiyo Pov

Touchan rubs the bump on his head while pointing to his map, "Touchan I swear if it's just for you to do your research...." I crack my knuckles and he gulps a little, "You are too much like your Kaasan. But this is the only way for us to find the Village Hidden in the Sound, you should know that Chiyo." The other two look at me curious and I send a glare at Touchan, baka I still haven't told them what I did before I got to the Leaf.

"Chiyo what does he mean?" I sigh, "Nothing that's important right now let's just get going." We walk behind a skipping Touchan, "I feel kind of sorry for you Chiyo...." I chuckle a little, "It's like watching over an oversize kid but I wouldn't change it for the world Sakura." I sweat-drop as we watch a guy get pulled into a building then thrown out the window in nothing but his boxers. My eye twitches when I notice what Touchan was drooling at, "You could turn out just like him when you're older kid. His blood is running threw your veins."

I immediately feel a little sick, I would cut my eye's out if I ever got to his level. "Chiyo catch." I easily catch a small bag of money, "I want you three to buy some food and wait at the temple on the outskirts of town." I look at it and take a deep breath, "I will not taint you're innocence and will sacrifice myself here to see what I can dig up."

"He sure has a good heart doesn't he." Naruto narrows his eye's at Touchan's form, "Geez Sakura you really are naive you know that." I silently agree with Naruto and we go buy some food, "He may be a baka but he gets the job done." I glance at Sakura, "What's wrong Sakura?" She looks at me briefly, "I don't think Sasuke's here..."

"Hey what do you mean we can't be sure of anything until we look around!" She's silent for a moment taking in Naruto's words, "I know Naruto.....and Chiyo that big wound going threw you're stomach when we found you he did it didn't he?" I look ahead my silence being the answer for the two, "It doesn't matter if he did or didn't you two. He's still our teammate and if he's not here then we just keep searching for him no matter what." They smile at me and I stop just as the girl from before rolls out of the bushes.

I pull Naruto back by his collar before he can attack, "Stop it Naruto she's hurt." My eye's narrow and I pick the girl up, dodging the borage of kunai, and I dodge an attack that would have sliced me in half. "Naruto, Sakura grab on to me!" The run over, and I body flicker us away some distance so it seems this girl is starting trouble with Orochimaru. She could be our ticket to finding the Sound village, if Orochimaru's shinobi are around here then there in that town too. Touchan can take care of himself, "Naruto did you finish setting up the trap on the door?"

He gives me a thumbs up, "Sure did Chiyo." The girl comes to and her eye's widen when she see's us, she jump's away. "Hey it's okay we're not going to hurt you." I put a hand on Sakura's shoulder and walk forward, "Hey you're hurt let me heal you."

She looks at me for a moment then glances at Naruto, "Naruto go wait outside." He's jaw drops, "But I just set a trap on the door!!!" I glare at him and he nods quickly, going threw the window grumbling to himself. "Sakura I feel that my Touchan has rubbed off on him please make sure he doesn't try and peep."

Sakura nods, and it doesn't even take a minute for her to punch the knucklehead threw the door. I smile gentle at the girl, "It's okay now can I see you're injury?" Her eye's widen for a moment then she removes her mask, it take's everything in my not to blush she's pretty.

"Sorry if my hand's cold." She shiver's a little as I gentle place my hand over her wound and concentrate my chakra. I apply some numbing cream after the wound closes, it could be bruised on the inside. I stand, "There all done let's go get the knucklehead now." I turn to the door and my twitch's that baka didn't even set the trap right. "Naruto you can come back up now!" He come's over and a blush appears on his face, "Why is there a pretty girl here?" I sigh and turn to the girl and find her already looking at me, "Gomen he's not the... brightest person ever."

She walks closer to me with a light blush on her face, "My name is Sasame Fuma." I smile so she's from the Fuma clan then that explains a lot. We close the door and sit in a circle Sasame being a little close to me, "So what exactly did you do for Orochimaru's men to be after you?" Sakura and Naruto's eye's widen, "Those three men are responsible for guarding over Orochimaru there sound ninja."

I hum in response, "Is that why you attacked us the other day you thought we where from the sound." She nods looking down, "I thought you where helping them Gomen." The other two start to firing questions at her, "Enough you two." They where about to protest but I glare at them and turn to Sasame, "Is there anything else you can tell us?"

Sasame takes a deep breath, "Well all of this began when the Feudal lord of the Land of Rice tried to expand his sway over the near by counties. The Land of Rice is a small territory with not that many shinobi it was a full attack and our defeat was clear from the beginning. The clan's that participated in it fell into ruin we of the Fuma where no exception. I'm told that of the survivors some chose to leave this land while others remained and many have struggled in the shadows waiting for the day our clan can rise again. It was then when Orochimaru came offering the first full scale shinobi village he told us that we could serve under the Feudal lord. So my cousin Arashi seemed like our clans best hope for revival he was chosen as our representative and left with them." Sasame tears up a little but she quickly wipe's them away, "We just kept waiting for word from him but nothing ever came."

I stand and smile cheekily at her, "Well then will just have to see what we can find about him then Sasame." She looks up at me surprised then stands as well, "I'm going to save Arashi no matter what! He never gave up on me even if I was a burden to him, everyone in my village has already given up but I haven't....I can't!"

"So that's why the sound ninja where after you." Sasame nods at Sakura sniffling lightly, "Now its my turn to save him like he would for me!!!" She starts crying harder and I bring her in a hug me being slightly taller. I feel her body stiffen a little, "Well we have to go to the sound village to get our friend, so we'll help you okay Sasame. There's no need to cry." I feel her clench the front of my shirt, "Thank you..."

I crush a spider before it lands on Sasame, "But before we can come up with a plan we need to leave." I point up and they all gasp at the amount of spider's, we rush for the door and see the front of the temple covered in spider's weeb. I listen to the guy and his stupid little ran, "Naruto, Sakura you guy's take care of Sasame and let me handle this." They nod and Naruto makes clones to form a circle around Sakura and Sasame.

I unseal my katana and look directly where the three are at, and then look down at the ground. I close my eye's, "Ninja art: Ant Lion Jutsu!!" The ground becomes a big sandpit and I jump in time onto the roof of the temple. This is going to be interesting and a pain in the ass