UA Meeting

The next day:

I had my Mandalorian helmet on with some relatively casual clothing on. I looked around and saw Bo Katan waiting for me. I then went with her outside and got in a car with her, her also wearing casual clothing and no helmet.

The drive to UA seemed a bit short and soon enough the campus went into view. I didn't know much about hero society so it may take some time to adapt to their norms, but I did know how to be heroic as I have been on many missions before. The only thing that I did know about hero society was that they rank their heroes. The current number one hero was some guy called All Might, that was pretty much the only hero I knew of and still, I didn't know much about him. I didn't even know what he looked like.

Once we arrived into their gates, we got off the car and headed inside. Since it was a Saturday, there wasn't many people around so there wouldn't be anyone to ask about my helmet. When we stepped inside we were met by this guy with long black hair and he looked pretty tired.

"You two must be the people the Principal has been expecting, follow me." He said as he led as throughout the building. No words were spoken except for an occasional yawn from him. He then stopped in front of a room and told us that it was the principal's office, after that he walked away.

Bo Katan then opened the door as we both walked in. Inside was this large rat seated at a big desk and this skinny looking guy with blond hair on a couch. The rat got off his chair, so did the other guy to greet us.

 The rat got off his chair, so did the other guy to greet us

"You must be Ms. Kryze, and you must be M/n Djarin Kryze, it's so nice to meet the two of you," the rat greeted as he extended his hand...no paw I think, towards her.

She shook his paw as she greeted him back, "it's nice to meet you too, Principal."

I also shook the rat's paw as I said a simple, "it's nice to meet you too."

The Principal then walked back to his desk as Bo Katan greeted the other guy, based on their interaction they already knew each other. I then exchanged greetings with the man known as Toshinori. Once the Principal was back on his seat he began talking.

"All Might here has said alot of great things about you and your people, Ms. Kryze, and I highly value his opinion."

As he said that, I looked over at this man and took in his appearance. Surely I must have misheard him. Surely this skeleton of a man wasn't going around the place calling himself "All Might." Still, appearances can be deceiving so I dropped this thought for now at least as I continued listening to the Principal.

"I am pleased to hear that your leader wants to have a Mandalorian be an official hero. I think it would do your people some good and help you gain public support if M/n proves to be a well rounded hero. But I'm afraid all I can give is my sentiments because I'm in a very tight position."

Bo Katan then asked what he meant by that as he continued speaking.

"Statistics and early predictions of this upcoming school year's applicants indicate that this is our most promising batch of applicants ever, and the public is aware of this. If I were to give M/n a seat in the hero course, there would be public backlash since that spot could have went to someone with a "awesome" quirk. They'll automatically disregard him because he is quirkless. Not only would the school receive backlash, but if they found out he was Mandalorian, it wouldn't look too good for the both of us. However, I do have a compromise."

The two of us then motioned for him to continue talking.

"I can offer you a seat in UA's General Studies Department. No one in the media would be bothered by that since they're all concerned about the Hero Course. In the second week of school is the UA Sports Festival, typically its viewed as a way for students to show themselves off and for hero agencies to scout potential recruits. But it also serves as an opportunity for those not in the Hero Course. If a student performs well enough, there's the chance that we'll drop someone from the Hero Course and that student will take their spot. In your case, if you do perform well enough, you have my guarantee that I'll move you to the Hero Course. How does all of this sound?" He said while looking towards me.

"I accept. If I have to win the public's support then so be it. It is the way of the Mandalorian to overcome all challenges. I'll do just that."

I looked over at Bo Katan as she agreed with me saying, "This is the way."

"I'm very glad you have accepted these conditions, temporary conditions I hope. Anyways I'll begin making preparations for your attendance, M/n. I'll also make meal accommodations for you, M/n since I've been made aware that you don't show anyone your face due to a particular Mandalorian tradition. I look forward to having you at UA this upcoming school year."

I then expressed gratitude towards him as the two of us left, leaving Principal Nezu and "All Might" in the room.

As we walked out, I started talking.

"That guy in there, I think the Principal called him All Might. Is that really him?"

She looked over at me as we continued walking, "Yeah, that was him. Is something bothering you about it."

"It's just that um...he doesn't look very..."All Mighty" I guess."

Laughter was heard from her but she quickly calmed down.

"That's just him without his quirk active. When it is active he looks in your words more "All Mighty.""

"So how do the two of you know each other?" I asked casually.

"We met maybe 10 or 12 years ago, but it was about 2 years before I took you in. We met while me and the Nite Owls were investigating All for One," that name itself is enough to make my blood boil.

"It just so happened that when I was heading to site of interest, All Might was already. I learned that the two of them had a history together so we exchanged information. All Might believed he had killed him but then that night had happened. His trail went cold ever since. So that's the basic story of how we met."

I just nodded as we made it back to the car, then we drove back to base.