M/n vs Tokoyami

M/n POV:

In the time that has passed since my first matchup, I had received a great deal of congratulations from people. Social media has also been blowing up with this discussion over me. My name and I guess hero name being on top trends. I didn't really mind it nor did I care much since it was mostly positive things being spoken about me. When I checked it out for myself I had seen that people have already posted these strange short compilations of me from today, I think someone said they were called fancams on their fan accounts. To me that seemed a bit like a good thing, I could be wrong though.

Although I didn't pay too much attention to all of that. Rather I decided to focus on the upcoming matches ahead so that I could get a better idea of my potential opponent's quirks. The next match between two people called Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu was about to start. Whoever won this match will be my next opponent so I made sure to get a good view for this fight.

When the match officially began, it ended just as quick as it had begun. When Midnight had finished her countdown, Yaoyorozu had quickly created a shield but it was no match for the manifestation of darkness Tokoyami possessed. She was quickly pushed back and got knocked out of bounds.

To be quite honest, I was a bit disappointed by how quickly this ended. Mainly because there's really not much to go off of when it comes to making a strategy against Tokoyami since not much of how he uses his quirk was shown. I suppose the main takeaways are that his Dark Shadow is both strong and fast, unfortunately it hasn't displayed any form of weakness so far. I'll definitely have to be careful against him. My best bet would actually be getting close up to him and take him out directly. But first I'll have to get through his Dark Shadow. Certainly, this one will be tricky and I'd have to remain on guard.

I'll have to rethink this when my match comes up, which won't be for a good while. In the meantime I'll sit back and watch the rest of the match ups

Later:

It was almost time for my next match so I started to equip all my gear once more and I made sure they were in working order. Once all of that was done I decided I should head down to the arena gates. When the previous match had ended, I entered into the arena once more, immediately being greeted by excitement and applause.

As Present Mic did his usual banter, Tokoyami entered at the opposite side of the arena. After a short while I've Present Mic doing his thing, Midnight came forward and asked if we were ready to begin. The two of us told her that we were.

She shouted her usual countdown then it began. Immediately, Tokoyami unleashed his Dark Shadow and sent it after me.

With Dark Shadow chasing after me I was forced to run around and take a defensive stance

With Dark Shadow chasing after me I was forced to run around and take a defensive stance. With my sword in hand I managed to block all of his attacks. However, the speed of his Dark Shadow's punches didn't give me much time to counteract, so I had to just keep focused on guarding against him with my blade.

As this went on for some time I got the chance to grab a smoke bomb from my belt. As Dark Shadow went right towards me, I threw it right out him. Upon contact, smoke spewed out and began spreading which blocked both Tokoyami and Dark Shadow's eyesight. Now's my chance, with the advanced visual technology in my helmet, I was able to clearly see where Tokoyami was in all this smoke.

I then ran after him and he barely realized my presence until it was too late. He was a rather small person so I grabbed onto him and chucked him across the field. He would have landed out of bounds if he wasn't a quick thinker. While he was midair he sent Dark Shadow to pull himself back down  so that he didn't head out of bounds, albeit he still had a rough landing. Still, that's not going to be enough to save him.

As I ran at him, I blasted an electric shock right at him but something odd had happened. As the bolt of electricity made its way towards Tokoyami, it seemed that he wanted to defend himself but Dark Shadow seemed to have a mind of it's own. For whatever reason, Dark Shadow seemed to shrink away and avoid the shock which forced Tokoyami to jump to the side so he could avoid it.

While he was distracted I shot my grappling hook right at him. The wire cables had wrapped around his arms and body, leaving him completely trapped. He tried to recall Dark Shadow back to his body as a way to defend himself from me but I wasn't going to let that happen. As Dark Shadow flew back towards Tokoyami, I blasted my flamethrower right at it.

Just like before, Dark Shadow seemingly shyed away from the flames and appeared to decrease in size

Just like before, Dark Shadow seemingly shyed away from the flames and appeared to decrease in size. I'm guessing anything bright must be its weakness then. With me shooting flame at Dark Shadow and himself being tied up, Tokoyami understood the predicament he was in. Seeing no other way out of this one, Tokoyami decided that he would surrender.

With his declaration of surrender, Midnight announced that I was the winner. Much like my previous victory, I was met with rounds of applause as I entered back into the arena.