Internships: Endeavor's Hero Agency

The following day the entire class meet at the train station to depart to the location of our respective agency we'll intern at. In every student's hand was a suit case containing their hero costume. Mine was particularly heavy considering that was my new armor and jetpack. The rest of my equipment had to be shipped since it would be far too much to be carrying around.

I stood next to Todoroki since the two of us were interning with Endeavor. Although I did notice that he didn't seem incredibly thrilled by the matter. Most likely from the fact that he seemed to have issues with his father. When our train arrived the two of us boarded it and sat with each other.

As the train took off the two of us remained silent for a short while, that was until he spoke up.

"About how long have you trained to fight like that?"

I turned over to him, "Since I was 6, I'm 15 now so that's 9 years in total. In the time since I've mastered most combative techniques and I know how to use most weapons. Most Mandalorians begin their training when they're first able to walk but not me."

I could tell that he was now even more curious by my last sentence about what I meant. But he didn't want to pry into it so he decided on another question.

"I've heard from stories that Mandalorians never show their faces, is that one true?"

I thought about for a moment and decided on an answer, "That one is partially true and false. Most Mandalorians do take their helmets of and let's their faces be seen. But some never take their helmets off, at least not when someone's around. It's a form of cultural practice and there's many reasons why one might doing. When a Mandalorian refuses to take their helmets off it could mean alot of things. It could mean that they're grieving, perhaps they made a promise that hasn't been fulfilled, maybe they're out for revenge. I'm one of those Mandalorians, no one's seen my face in 9 years."

Now he seemed a bit hesitant to ask this question but asked anyway, "So which one of those three are you?"

I looked directly at him, "all of them."

"9 years ago when I was 6, my parents were a pair of popular pro heroes they were supposedly undefeatable. My father had a super strength quirk while my mother had an absorption. Most kids are usually born with a combination of their parents quirks, but not me, I wasborn with nothing. One day a man breaks into our home at night and my parents tried to fight him. I witnessed the way he so cruelly killed them its scarred my mind forever. I begged him for him to just kill me to but he said I could never threaten him. That if I had been born with their power they would still be alive and I would have been targeted instead. Ever since that day I've always blamed myself for what happened and I've vowed to hunt that man down and kill him. His death will make things right."

Once I said all of that I looked over at him and he seemed shocked. His eyes were wide and was at a loss for words.

"I've told you a great deal about myself, so why don't you share something about yourself too."

He nodded in understanding and proceeded to tell me about himself. Primarily about his unfortunately family dynamic. Three other siblings that were barely acknowledged by a father purely focused on work. While Todoroki was given the combination of his parent's quirks which led to him being overworked at a young age by his father. Then his mother who was in bad state of mind giving him the burn over his eye. Which ultimately led to a disdain for his father.

A tragic and unfortunate situation indeed. But there's really nothing that could be done about it. For the rest of the train ride we talked about various different things until our train stop arrived. We got off and looked around. The two of us spotted a car waiting for us which drove us to Endeavor's agency.

When we arrived the two of us were brought to Endeavor's office and prompted inside.

The doors opened and there he stood, currently in his hero costume. Immediately, he noticed us entering.

"Ah Shouto, I see you're finally deciding to walk the path of the mighty," he declared while looking at his son, who frowned but didn't say anything.

"And The Mandalorian, M/n, I'm very pleased that you decided to choose your internship here like I had offered."

I nodded as he went on, "Now today I don't have anything in your schedules considering that half the day has been spent already. But, what I would like for you two to do is go put your costumes and train with each other. M/n, your equipment arrived not so long ago and it's been placed in our storage room. I'm also told you received new equipment from your Mandalorian leader, perhaps Shouto could assist in helping you work these new items. Now, that'll be all for now, and just a heads up, tomorrow we're going out on the field I'll explain the details then."

With that said, the two of us left to go train. Along the way I found my equipment and we suited up. Our training began shortly afterwards. I helped him train in close quarters combat while he helped me in using my new jetpack in terms of using it effectively in a fight. For the rest of the day we trained.