First Day

M/n POV:

It was the first day of school at UA, I made sure to wake up early so I could arrive at a timely manner. I had received a letter from the principal saying that he needed to talk with me before school began, that I needed to see him in his office. So I woke up much earlier than I would if I didn't have this meeting with him.

Once I had finished with my morning routine, I put on the school uniform then I put my Mandalorian helmet on. Once I did all of that I made my way to school. By 'making my way' it meant getting a car ride from another Mandalorian. They dropped me off in the front and from what I could tell, barely anyone was here, at least barely any students.

Once I was inside, I made my way to Nezu's office. Along the way I came across some students who just looked at me, some had these looks of...I don't know...awe maybe. But they just kept looking at me with these dopey grins on their faces. Probably because of the helmet.

As I was about to turn the corner to where the principal's office, I bumped into two students. One of them had these strange blue eyes, they looked more like plastic googly eyes, he was physically strong looking and hand blue eyes. His friend was of smaller stature, he had elvish ears and blue-violet hair.

"Hey you're that Mandalorian guy that everyone's been talking about on the news these past few months aren't you?!?!" The blond guy exclaimed excitedly

"Uh...I guess so. Yes."

"Wow that's so cool! But you're here wearing a uniform meaning that you aren't an adult like everyone thought! Is that right, you're just a teenager?" He went on.

"Looks can be deceiving I suppose."

"Well anyways, I'm Mirio," he then pointed over to his friend who seemed a little nervous, "and this is Tamaki, we're both 3rd years. So what's your name?"

"You can call me M/n."

"Well, the two of us should head to class now, see you around, M/n," he said as he walked away.

With those two having made their leave, I headed to the principal's office. I knocked on his door and went inside.

"You wanted to see me, principal."

The principal looked up from the paperwork on his desk and greeted, "Ah, yes. Please come in and sit."

I sat on one of the sofas but I noticed the very odd looking device on his desk. I wonder what it's their for. He then went over to me and handed a piece of paper as he went back to his chair.

"That is your finalized schedule for the time being. You're in class 1C, general studies. I'm sure you're already aware that for our Sports Festival, students have to fill out forms to use support equipment. You don't have to fill out any forms since your equipment has been approved for use. Now you're probably wondering what this strange looking device is here for," he said while pointing at it.

I nodded as he went on, "Well this is a hologram of a helmet. I had the support course render this hologram on short notice so it isn't much to look at," he said while clicking a button which activated the hologram which revealed a very simple looking holographic helmet. It looked very real though.

"I understand that you've built quite the reputation since our last meeting

"I understand that you've built quite the reputation since our last meeting. Even getting an unofficial license to work as hero which is impressive. With all of this attention surrounding you, I that it best that you should attach this device at the top of your helmet so that it gives a different appearance to avoid unwanted media attention, at least until the Sports Festival. This is mainly to try and conceal your public identity as The Mandalorian from those around you."

He made a really good point with that so I accepted it. I attached the device to the top of my helmet and activated it. I asked how it worked and he said it works perfectly, that it looks like I'm wearing a completely different helmet.

After that I was dismissed and I headed towards class 1C. There were some students in there but I didn't pay much attention to them and they didn't pay much attention to me. According to Nezu, something that he told me was that my attendance was supposed to be on the downlow, he wanted it to be a big surprise reveal for the Sports Festival. So the only one's that would know about me being here were the faculty, the students that I came across earlier and that Mirio and Tamaki fellows.

I went and sat in the back of the room, right behind this guy with purple hair and eye bags. As time went on I learned that his name was Shinso and he seemed pretty alright. He asked me questions, I asked him some things and we had a pretty decent conversation going. I learned that he didn't do so well on the entrance exam since the exam was a poor matchup for his quirk and that he wants to prove himself in the Sports Festival. That was one thing that we seemed to have in common.

Our conversation was cut short as class had officially begun. After a few class periods, it was officially lunch time. As I had collected my lunch, a faculty member got my attention, and I went with them. They explained that during the summer a small room was made to accommodate my Mandalorian tradition during lunch time. I was then brought to the tiny room which just had a table and a chair. No windows, not even on the door. They then told me I could lock the door from the inside so that no one would be able to walk in on me with my helmet off. They then left and I took my helmet off and ate in peace.