Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Min Jae was on his way to Yoona’s house, they decided to have a lunch date before going back to work. 10.26am, 4 more minutes and Yoona will be there in front of him. His heart? It was beating so hard that it would explode soon. 

 Yes, Min Jae had never forgotten his feelings for her and now that he finally found her, he’ll not give up on her again, not another mistake. 

As for Yoona, she still hasn’t gotten back her full memory so no signs of a high school girl being in love with Min Jae. She still has this feeling that tells her that someone is missing, that there’s someone really special that she has forgotten and she know for sure that it is not Min Jae. 

After Yoona and Min Jae saw each other for the first time after such a long time, Min Jae didn’t just ignore her, he took her number and start calling her at least once a day and that made Namjoo suspicious. 

Seeing her brother smilling and being happy all the time was something unexpected and weird. He never did that ever since they moved to the USA. so one day she went to him and asked him, Min Jae didn’t wanted to tell her right away so he planned a secret surprise. 

He told Namjoo that he would buy her a present that he forgot to buy on her bday so she should meet him at a cafe outside his work place and then called Yoona and told her to have lunch at that cafe. When Namjoo saw Yoona, she didn’t recognize her right away, it took her a couple of minutes but when she did… a really big smile formed on her lips. 

”So Yoona, tell me… how is living in the USA?” asked Namjoo after coming back from the toilet. ”It’s great, I love the air here, well I can’t remember anything from before either so plus for that” her lips formed a forced smile and then looked back at the table. 

Namjoo already knew about her memory loss since Min Jae told her after inviting her… and that made her even more upset. At that moment, after seeing the 18 year old girl that she guessed was Min Jae so called sister, a thought come on her mind. A painful thought. Something or someone she lost 4 years ago. And you may have guessed that we’re talking about Baekhyun but no, there was another person beside Baek that she lost after moving to the USA. 

Yes… she lost her baby, the baby that Baek gave her, the painful thought that has been following her ever since it left this cruel world we live in. 

Flashback.

”Immo, why are we in the hospital? Did anything happen to you?” Poona asked her aunt, yes the same aunt from back then. ”Yoona-yah, we’re not here for me but for you, you’ve feeling really bad these last days and I think that there’s a possibility of you being pregnant.” The words just came as a bomb to Yoona. Pregnant? From who? When did she even have ***? 

”Immo, what are you talking about? Pregnant from whom? Did I slept with anyone for you to tell this.” It may be true that Poona has been having morning sickness and carving for different dishes but that doesn’t mean that she could be pregnant. 

”Let’s just be sure for what we’re talking and then I’ll tell you everything.” 

And as expected, Yoona was 3 weeks pregnant, yes, it’s been only been 1 week since they moved and she just found out… 

3 months later

”WHATTT? What do you mean that the baby is not here anymore?” Yoona has tears rolling on her face and a really shocked expression… ”I’m sorry ma’am. But I guess you didn’t took care of the baby properly, you were stressed a lot and the accident you had some months ago was a big problem for the baby as well.” 

Back to the presence. 

”Yoona? Are you crying?” that made her come to her senses and look straight into Namjoo’s eyes. ”Oh? Oh.. no I’m not crying, just something is in my eye, I’ll go see what it is, be back in a minute.” 

What Namjoo said was of course true, she was crying getting back those painful memories.. 

—————————

Just a short chapter, and yes, I decided to make the next chapters shorter to write until chapter 30. I hope it is okay with all you guys. I thought that 25 chapters wouldn’t be enough for me to write everything and explain everything that happened during this 4 years that we skipped. Please look forward to the next chapters… 

Keep supporting<3

- Authornim