Riots

(Maximillian's P.O.V.)
I walked out the King's Arms and looked around. I saw a lot of people running around and screaming. "The police can't handle the riot. They had to call in the army" I heard a male tell his wife, "always the poor people they want to have. While the rich keep getting richer" the female responded, "isnt that the case everywhere" another male asked who joined the couple. I ran past them towards home. There where fires everywhere and a whole crowd was gathering. I ran over towards it to take a look. People where throwing rocks at the police and soldiers. "Hey Maxi!" I turned my head and saw Bradley, "are you in?". Bradley is an older boy around 15 and he always hung around with me and Finn. I nodded and he tossed a couple of bricks to me. I followed Bardley to the front of the crowd and we both started to throw. Glass bottles, wooden planks, bricks from buildings anything you could imagine we probably had thrown at them. I grabbed up a stone and threw it and hit a police officer. I watched him stumble and fall to the ground. "Bradley! I hit him" I said and pointed at the fallen officer. We continued to throw things but then we had to run after some officers showed up with guns. Both me and Bradley laughed loudly while running away. Shots fired past my head when suddenly I was pulled back by my collar. I looked up and saw that it was a police officer. "Let me go!" I yelled and tried kicking him. Bradley was held by another cop and we where dragged away to probably the police station. Both me and Brad got pushed into this holding cell with a couple of other people who got arrested. We sat down on the little bench and we started to fall asleep.

I jolted awake when I heard the holding cell open up. "Maximillian Shelby and Bradley Hardings" an officer called out. Me and Brad looked at each other before standing up and follow the police-man to a room. "Bradley" It was Brad's dad. He stood up and walked over to us both. "You better keep your son of the street next time. Or he's taking into care" the chief of police said, "over my dead body" the father said, "even better. You in the graveyard and your son in the system" the chief replied putting hid hands in his pockets. Brad's dad rolled his eyes before pushing his son to the door to take home. I followed them. "Stay here, Shelby". I stopped once I heard the chief call my name. I slowly turned to look at him. "Let's bring you home and I'll speak to your mother" he said and pushed me to the door, "she's gonna beat me" I tried telling him, "well this time you deserve it" he replied. I wanted to try and get him to bring me to my siblings and aunt Poll. But when I arrived at my frontdoor I gave up the slight hope he might do so. I opened the house and walked inside and towards the table. Mum wasnt home so we had to wait. About 10 minutes later mum walked inside. "Where have you been" she sneered walking up to me and raising her hand. Thankfully the chief cut her off before she was able to hit me "he's been with us for the night". Mom turned to look at him. "He was arrested during the riots. You should be lucky he didn't die last night. And as a mother you should hold him off the streets especially at night" the chief told her. "I thought he was in bed" she sneered at him. The room went quiet before the chief stood up and said goodbye before leaving.

The day went by without anything fun. But at around dinner time. Henry visited mom. I kept my mouth shut while we ate dinner. We finished and it didn't take long before I was told to go to my room. I stood from my chair and went to my room before getting into my bed. I pulled the covers over me and fell asleep.

Suddenly I woke up by some soft laughing and shuffling. I sat up in my bed and softly got out and tiptoed to my door. I heard more laughing come from my mothers bedroom. I carefully sneaked towards the room and saw that it was slightly open. I looked through the crack and saw Henry taking my mother clothing off. "We got to watch out before we wake that sweet son of yours" I heard Henry say while kissing mom's neck, "he won't hear a thing" she responded. Henry had lost his shirt and pulled mother's dress up. Suddenly I felt cold water been poured over my head. I looked over to see aunt Martha "Tina, come look at this" she yelled out. Mom quickly made her way towards her sister and me. She spotted me "are you mad" she yelled and hit me across the head. "Tina. He's going to talk about this" aunt Martha said, "no he won't" Henry said and grabbed a hold of me.

(Polly's P.O.V.)
I woke up when the sunlight lit up my room. I stood up and walked towards the kitchen. Before I could grab myself a cup of tea a loud knock was heard. I raised an eyebrow but went to open the door none the less. It was Maxi who stormed inside. Before I could greet him he wrapped his arms around me into a hugg. Then I noticed he was crying. I sighed and pulled him into a hugg and he flinched and whinced in pain after I put my arms around his back. I frowned and carefully lifted up his shirt to see marks all over his back.

I was holding Maxi who was swaddled in a blanket on my lap. He had fallen asleep. He probably lost alot of sleep after getting these wounds. "This can't go on any longer Thomas. There from a belt, for crying out loud" I told Tommy. I saw him look down at Maxi and his fist turned white as he clenched it. "John! Arthur!" Tommy called out. His brothers walked into the kitchen with questioning looks. "We are going to pay someone a visit" he told his brothers before leaving me and Maxi.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
Together with my brothers I walked towards Maxi's mother's house. We arrived and I kicked the door in and walked inside. "What the hell-" Tina shut her mouth as soon as she saw us coming in. "Where is he" I asked with anger in my voice. "The..the Kings Arms" she stuttered afraid. I immediatly turned around and walked into the direction of the pub. As we walked inside the whole room went silent as the stared at us. "Henry Waters" I spoke out and saw a group of people look up to us. We walked towards them and I sat down on a chair while my brothers stepped behind me.

 We walked towards them and I sat down on a chair while my brothers stepped behind me

Published: 7th of January 2021