Just an acorn

(Max's P.O.V.)
With a gasp I shot up and instinctly reached for my side. I felt the rough texture of the bandage. Looking down I saw that it the bandage was wrapped around my midriff and back. I could tell that the white bandages was soaked in blood. I pushed myself more forward with a groan to take a look at my surroundings. But before I could take anything in someone walked in "ah you're awake". My head snapped over to the person and I recognized him as my father. "Easy there, son" he chuckled as he saw me move away from him instinctly. "What... do.. you.. want from.. me" I asked still in pain to which I lost a steady pace of breathing. "Can't a father take care of one of bis children?" He questioned like I had accused him of being a terrible father. "You.. don't care... for your... children" I told him harshly, reminding him that he is not in fact a good father "you abandon... them". He didn't answer me and just stayed silent. By his facial features I couldn't make out what he was exactlt thinking about the comment I had just made about him. I carefully watched him as he stepped forward in my direction. Again I moved away from him, not trusting him in the slighest. But instead of respecring my boundries he kept coming forward untill eventually grabbing a hold of me. I tried squirming in his grip but was to weak to keep it up for too long. And soon enough I was back laying down on my back, trying to keep my eyes open. I felt the old bandage being taking off. The blood had soaked through it and was making it stick to my skin. I hissed as my father was pulling it away. When it came closer to my wound it felt like it was being ripped open further and instantly my body jerked up at the pain. Dad was quick to push me back down to my back. Finally, and thankfully, he had finished taking my bandage off and putting a clean one on. My face scrunched up from the pain before a relieved sigh left my lips as the release set in when the pain started to fade away. I opened my eyes back and turned to look at my father who stood by a sink washing his bloodied hands. My blood no doubt. He then began to ask me what had happened. I told him what had happened. From getting beat up, then getting kicked out of my family by Tommy. Hearing him call me a half-brother and everything else. But I wasn't about to wallow in my self pity so I asked him a question "Why are you back?". "Well, the salvation of Jesus Christ spread his light over me. And as Pilgrim, I come to visit the new world" he said turning back around. I sat upright with a groan "America?" I questioned him. "Where I beheld their future" he said before leaning down to whisper in my ear "Casinos" before pulling back with a wink, "money factories, son". He explained that he had studied the competition, which schemes and systems they used. "I'm an old man and my heart's a battered vessel but within there still beats a fluttering pulse of a dream. The Shelby casino and hotel" he told me proudly, "where the gents and dames will come flocking from all corners. New york, Chicago, Boston". But then hjs face fell with sadness "but it comes at a cost to start a dream like this one". "Let me guess? You need money" I asked with a deep sigh. "An oak needs just an acorn" he replied shrugging his shoulders.

Published: 22nd of January

Update request by:

BRITISH-BRAT
SlyPrefect2

Thanks for everyone who replied which character you wanted.