Leaving home

(Maximillian's P.O.V.)
My eyes softly blinked open as I heard the back door creak open. I heard a pair of footsteps walk over towards me and I heard my mother clear her throat. I lifted my sleepy head up and looked at her. She blocked most of the sunlight but I still needed to squint my eyes at the rays of sunlight that radiated past her body. She tapped her foot impatiently at me and gave me a stern look. I raised a single eyebrow at her in confusion. She bent down and grabbed my arm just underneath my armpit before pulling me to my feet. She pushed me inside the house and I immediatly felt the warmth from the house. "Go change" mom said pointing to my room. I walked over to my room cause I needed to get out of my wet and cold clothing, so that is also why I didn't talk back at her. I threw my dirty clothes on the ground and grabbed my trousers and put them on. I let the braces hang loosely against my legd ehile I grabbed a red button up shirt. I pulled it over my head and tucked the ends in my pants. Eventualy I pulled the braces up over my shoulders so the trousers won't fall to the ground. Belts are expensive so most parents give their son's braces .ade from cotton. The braces are made from an elastic type of fabric. The expensive braces are made from cotton or silk. "Hurry up!" Mom called out annoyed from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes "oh shut up" I whispered as I grabbed my cap. I walked out my bedroom and back into the kitchen and looked at her. "Let's go" sge said and turned to the front door. I didn't know where we were going but she walked with a fast pace. We arrived in a big building that kind of reminded me of a bank, but less valuable. I looked around the room while mom pushed me forward as she held me just underneath the back of my neck. We arrived in a males office and I was told to stand in front of his desk where he was sitting behind. Meanwhile mom was allowed to have a seat. "Maximillian, you're going to be away from home for a while" the man said as he closed a file with my name on it. I loomed over my shoulder at my mother before turning back to the man, "the further the better" I commented. The room fell silent after my comment but mom was quick to put an end to the deafening silence. "Do you see? What kind of sweetheart it is?". "Well madam you will have to come here with his father. Maybe we will find a solution together" the man responded, "his father is not in the picture" she harshly replied, "but Aunt Polly and my siblings are" I told her in a matter of fact. She glared at me telling me to keep my mouth shut. I turned back to the man "they will take care of me" I said and lifted my head up in confidence. The man explained that they couldn't do anything cause by law they aren't obligated to take care of me. "You are going to a forming school for a while. They teach you how to have proper manner and make a gentleman out of you. You'll be there for a couple of days" he said and stood up. Another man entered the room and placed his hands behind his back. "This is Paul. He will take you to the forming school after you got you suitcase from home. If you want you can say goodbye to your mother" the man said nodding to my mother. I shook my head at his offer and turned around and walked to the tall and slim man named Paul. "You ready, lad?" Paul said as he looked down at me. I nodded and he grabbed my shoulder gently before taking me with him out the room. Leaving the man and my mom alone. I followed Paul outside to a car that looked like Tommy's car, but less expensive. Paul friendly told me to get inside the car and I obeyed. The drive to the forming school was long and boring as hell. It took so long tbat it had gotten dark when we arrived. Paul stopped the car and turned the engine of before turning to me. "Here we are, bud" he said and gave me a sympathetic look. I turned my head away and started getting out the car. I grabbed my suitcase and hopped out the car. My feet hit the ground and the pebbles made satisfying sound. Paul once again grabbed my shoulder and guided me to the large front door and ringed the bell. A light flickered on in the hallway behind the door and it opened with another male. Paul handed my file to the other man and left without saying a word. "Come on" the new man said and waved his hand for me to follow. I walked behind him up some big stairs to the second level of the school. I saw a sign that read 'bathroom' to my right. I looked inside the open room and saw long sinks hang across the wall with boys brushing their teeth. To my left was a sign with 'sleeping hall no. 4' it had a lot of beds. 3 rows wide and 7 rows long. Making it hold 21 beds. I saw some kids already laying in bed while some kids sat next to it and some were empty. The empty beds must be from the boys who are brushing their teeth. The next thing I saw was a second man. "This is Mr Gino. Your mentor for the time you are here" the man explained before going back down the stairs. I placed my suitcase down and pulled my cap off my head before extending my hand for him to shake. "Maximillian Shelby" I introduced myself. But Mr Gino just looked me up and down before grabbing my wrist and checking the palm of my hand. Then he went up to my ear and checke behind it to make sure it was clean. "What the hell?" I asked, "keep that mouth shut" he ordered firm. Finally Mr Gino finished looking me over before pushing me to sleeping hall no. 4. "Quickly now. In 5 minutes the lights go out" Mr Gino said. He then stopped me before we even reached the first row of beds. "The second bed from behind is yours" he explained and pushed me forward. I watched him walk back to the bathroom. I turned my head around and every boy looked at me from their beds. I made my way to my bed but before I could fully reach it. One of the boys stuck their foot out making me trip over it. I stumbled and fell to the ground and my suitcase opened up, making my clothes and stuff fall out. A kind boy quickly jumped to help me out while the rest laughed. "Jack! What are you doing?!" Mr Gino called out, "his suitcase broke, Sir" the boy named Jack softly explained, "get into bed" Mr Gino said snapping his fingers together while poi ting to Jack's bed. "You too, Shelby". I quickly put everything back in my suitcase and made my way to my new bed. "Hurry up. You can unpack tomorrow" Mr Gino said with a raised voice before walking back from where he came. I sighed and looked over at the boy who tripped me. He had red hair and was maybe 2 to 3 years older than me. I sighed and got into my pajams and climbed into the iron framed bed. I got into my bed and looked to Jack. "Thanks" I said while the rest of the boys walked into the sleep hall. "For helping out". "Silence!" Mr Gino yelled through the air. I sighed before laying down completely and pulling the cover over my shoulders. "Shelby! Hand above the cover" Mr Gino yelles again. Can't he ask nicely. I didn't obey and kept my hands underneath the warm blanket. "Above the covers!". I sighed and dramatically put my hands on the covers. Mr Gino turned the lights down and I heard him walk away. "Fucking hell" I whispered to myself before rolling to my side and closing my eyes.

Published: 23 of December 2020