Bit of a problem

(Max's P.O.V.)
I turn to face Alfie with a painfull smirk to answer his question of what had happened to me. "Oh you know. The usual getting beat up and then getting kicked out by your family" I told him with sarcasm but you could hear the sadness and pain in my voice. He hummed at me before tapping his cane on the ground and turning around. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. He turned back at me "Well, come on then" he said moving his head to his car. I still didn't understand what he wanted.

 I still didn't understand what he wanted

"Max. I thought you were a smart boy" he said with a laugh, "Get in the car and we'll get that wound cleaned" he waved. I pushed myself of the wall and followed him to his car. "Get in. There you go. Good boy" he said talking to me like I was a small child. "Im not a little child, Alfie" I told him to which he laughed after helping me get inside the car. I leaned back into the car seat. "Don't bleed out-" he began, "I'm not trying to" I replied putting pressure on the bleeding wound but then I heard Alfie continue his sentence that I had interupted "-on my seats. I don't want you to ruin them". I chuckled at his joke before moving myself in a more comfortable position.

We arrived at his backery and Ishmael, who was driving, parked the car. Again, I got helped getting out of the car. When my feet connected to the ground, I lost my breath. I crumpled over trying desperatly to find air, while Ishmael and Ollie kept me upright as Alfie was barking orders at them. But it was to much and my legs gave way. Then finally I could breath after coughing up some blood. "Your condition is getting worse, mate" Alfie said to which I waved him off "I'll be alright. I've survived worse" I said motioning to my face. He nodded, knowing all to well what had happened as he took a quick scan at the spider-web like scar on the side of my face. Ishmael and Ollie both pulled me back onto my feet and helped me inside. Once inside my wound got treated, which much effort the stiches stayed in place. My body feeling a bit more comfortable after the treatment and now I was just resting.

(Alfie's P.O.V.)
Max had fallen asleep, mainly due to being tired of the loss of blood. I had decided not to wake him up, but I kept an eye on him to make sure he didn't die in his sleep. I walked out of my office where Max was, before going back to check on the production. Then I noticed a person standing beside Ollie. It was Max's brother Tommy.

I said as I walked towards the two

I said as I walked towards the two. "Evening, Alfie" Tom greeted me, "it is, isn't it?" I replied with a nod. Tommy took a deep breath before asking me if I had seen his youngest brother. "You mean half brother, right?" I replied with no emotion. His eyes snapped up at me. "Atleast that's what Max kept telling me to say whenever I mentioned the word brother". But that went right over his head as he realized that the younger sibling might be here. His eyes scanned the room before falling on the door to my office. He stepped forward but I put my cane up, preventing him from going there. We both turned to look at each other with a glare, not agreeing with the other ones opinion. "Let him rest" I told him sharply. Tom ignored my advice, pushing my cane away and walked further to my office. I raised a hand up to Ollie, telling him not to follow the Blinder. I watched him open the door and go inside the office. But it didn't take long before his voice called out to me. I quickly walked inside the office, thinking that Max was getting worse. But when I walked inside I immediatly halted. The chair that Max was originally sitting on, was now empty. Only a stain of blood was left behind. "Thats a bit of a problem" I said as I saw a small trail of blood from the chair towards a window that lead outside.

Published: 29th of December 2022

Update request:
AlyssaLee998