He is learning - He has learned - He will learn

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I was in the Garrison still drinking away the pain of maybe loosing Maxi. I hadn't said a word about it either. It was just to hard. Maxi had been in the hospital for about 2 months now. He had his ups and down but this week he had gone downhill again. His breathing would sometimes just abrublty stop and then 10 seconds later he would gasp. His eyes would open but he would immediatly black out again. Ada had witnessed a seizure with him aswell. But even through all of that, Maxi would fight for his life, cause the boy deserves it so much. Suddenly Finn burst through the door. I gave him confused look. "He's awake" Finn said excited and a smile formed on his face, "Well. Come on, Tom!" He yelled before dashing away. As quick as I could, I stood up and followed Finn to the hospital. I arrived and the rest of my family smiled as they told me to go inside. I opened the door and everything froze around me as I saw Maxi look out the window over the streets. "Max?" I breathed out softly, still not believing he actually survived. He slowly turned around and I breathed out a sharp breath. I stayed quiet so I could observe him. He had the same sort of scar like Alfie had running across the left side his face. But his scar is worse. The scar was larger and ran across his left eye, luckily it didnt make him blind. And because of the hit of the bullets he also had burn marks that went back to his ear and down his neck and collarbone. It reminded me of a spiderweb, how it formed over his body. He immediatly looked older than he was because of it. The doctor had also told us that the impact of the bullet against his skull had made such a loud noise that it tore the nerves cells in the cochlea. This resulted in him having hearing loss in his right ear and becoming completely deaf in his left. "It may become difficult for him to pick out words against background noise or hearing you at all" the doctors words reminded me.

(Maxi's P.O.V.)
I watched my older brother observe me like I was an animal in a cage. "If you're not going to say anything. Than can we atleast get out of here?" I asked him. I had snapped him out of his thoughts cause he looked back into my eyes instead of my scar. He didnt respond and I turned around to get my stuff that Aunt Poll had previously packed. Tommy stepped next to me and I could see him talk but couldnt hear him speak loudly. It was very soft and in the background, so I couldnt make heads or tails from it. I turned my head so I could listen to him with the better working ear. "I can take it for you" Tommy said nodding to the luggage. "I may be deaf. But I can carry my own stuff" I replied to him with no emotion.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I watched him walk out the room. The whole accident changed him and you could see it as the years past. He learned to make the best out of his disability. I thaught him to look at peoples body language and he became an expert in it. He could see if you where lying, telling the truth or if you where a bad business for us. For example, he would focus on your lips and by the steadiness or trembling of your lip he knew if you told the truth or not. And how would he tell me that he caught a liar. Simple, he would do one of two things. If he was sitting he would tap his finger on the table like he was impatient. But most time he would be standing completely still behind me during these meetings and when he noticed someone lying he would start walking around just looking at things. I had figured his hints out when it happened more and more during meetings. When I asked about it, he explained it. So taking him with me to business meetings was very usefull. He also learned how to read lips. He doesnt speak as much as he used to, but I find that that makes a man deadly. Cause you never know the intentions of someone who keeps silent. He was the best out of all the young Blinders at just 14 years old. Honestly I cant wait to see if he will end up taking the business over from us. But untill then, the now 19 year old, has still a lot to learn about being a Peaky Fucking Blinder.

Published: 29th of April 2021