Expose her

(Maxi's P.O.V.)
I walked into the Marquis together with Michael and Isiah. Laughing amongst ourselves as we walked towards the bar while swing music was playing and people chattering. "Three pints of dark mild, please" Michael said and put down some money. "Fuck that. We are Peaky boys. Two whiskeys" Isaiah said and turned around to lean on the bar. I chuckled at him and grabbed a cigarette. I lit it before lighting theirs aswell. Michael coughed slightly and hissed at the burn of the smoke "You'll get used to it eventually, cousin" I snickered patting him on the back. I leaned back onto the bar and watched the bartender work. A whistle emerged from behind us. "I don't drink with black" a man sneered looking at Isaiah. "Here we fucking go" Isaiah replied back in a hardh tone. "Paddy, they're okay" the bartender said to the male as his eyes moved from mine. "Not with me they're not. I don't drink in pubs with blacks" the man named Paddy said, "so leave" Michael told him and nodded to the door, "look, my dad is the preacher round here. He has connections. Ask anybody" Isaiah responded getting a scoff from Paddy "I couldn't give a fuck who he is". "I'm telling you. Leave it, Paddy" the bartender said once again. Trying to get it through Paddy's stupid head that we are not to be messed with. "And I'm telling this darkie to get out of here". Isaiah turned around at his line "You know something? Fuck off". "It's alright Isaiah, leave it. We'll go to my cousins pub" I said putting a hand on his shoulder. "I like it here" Isaiah snapped at Michael. "You fucking N...." Paddy said and threw a punch at Isaiah. Immediatly my fight or flight kicked in. Well, my fight instinct kicked in. I punched the closest friend of Paddy square in the face.People screaming and shouting as they tried to get out of our way. Glass shattering. As the three of us fought. I felt Paddy grab me and put my into a headlock while his friends did the same to my friend and cousin. "Paddy! That's Maximillian Shelby!" The bartender called out. Paddy stopped punching me and I could see fear in his eyes as he looked towards the bartender. "And that's Polly Shelby's son" he continued pointing to Michael. Immediatly we three all got let go. "I'm sorry, Mr Shelby" he stammered and held his hands up.

(Michael's P.O.V.)
I watched as Max's eyes turned dark with the lust for killing. He leaned down grabbing his peaked cap from the floor,before standing back up with a dark chuckle. "No.." Paddy stammered as Max slowly stalked forward. The room was deathly silent before he swiped the cap down onto Paddy. A scream errupted from his lungs and he grabbed his face immediatly. Max dove ontop of him, grabbing his collar and pulling jom closer. "You really need to learn to pick your fights better, Paddy" Max mocked. He leaned towards Paddy's ear and I was just close enough to hear him "next time. I will kill you and make it look like a fucking suicide". Before roughly tossing Paddy back down onto the ground and telling him and his friends to get out.

"you punch like a fucking kangaroo" Isaiah commented as we walked back over the street towards the Garrison. We continued talking about the fight as we neared the pub. I opened the door and got inside being met with the chattering of the occupients. "Fucking hell, it's packed in here, isn't it?" Michael said as we pushed theough the crowd to the bar. I saw two bartenders working tonight. One was Harry and the other was Grace. I leaned onto the counter while watching Grace closely. I didn't trust her, especially now that Tommy has started seeing her now and then. "What will it be boys?" Harry asked stepping towards us. Once we got our drinks we made our way to the private room. "Here they are, look" Arthur said as he saw us, "junior Peaky Boys". I looked down at the table and saw they were playing some sort of card game. "What's happened to you, have you been scrapping?" Arthur asked as he looked at our bloody knuckles. "Oh. Some idiots at the Marquis of Lorne tried to stop us from drinking. But it's all right. We fought them off" Michael said proud. "The Marquis, eh?" Arthur said looking over at me. I nodded at him and John and they got the sign. Standing up immediatly and pushing Finn back in the seat who also followed them."Don't nick any of my chips, Finn!" John said to our brother, "where are you going?" Michael questioned, "we won't be long" Arthur responded, "here take my cards and win" Arthur said giving me his cards and patting me on the back. I turned to Finn and we continued the game.

"What are they doing?" Michael asked anout John and Arthur looking over at his friend

"What are they doing?" Michael asked anout John and Arthur looking over at his friend. "Marquis of Lorne. Shame. It was a nice pub" Isaiah replied. Still not getitng the hint, Michael turned to me. "They are going to burn it to a crisp" I told him and played one of my cards. After playing cards with the guys we decided it had been enough and walked out the Garrison. As we made our way over the cobblestones we saw Arthur and John. "You didn't have to do it for me" Michael said to them with a thankfull smile. I chuckled "they didn't do it for you" I told him. "We did it for the good name of the company" John told Michael as the two walked past us. "Oi Maxi" Arthur said stopping and turning around, "Aunt Poll wants to speak to you. She's in the church". I raised an eyebrow at him in confusion but nodded nonetheless. I said goodbye to Michael, Finn and Isaiah as they continued straight while I made a left.

I walked into the church and saw Polly light some candles. I walk up to her but before I could greet her she raises her hand to silence me. She lights another candle before turning to one of the wooden benches and sits on it. With a glance she tells me to sit aswell, so I follow her order. "You are they only one of that can figure people out by simply watching them" she started, "you don't need to hear a squeek out of their mouths to know what they truely want". I shrugged my shoulders, alot of people have said this about me but I don't know of its the truth "I guess so". "I have a job for you. But you keep that between us" she said and turns to me. "Even Tommy can't know about it because it has something to do with him". From her eyes I could she her waiting for my answer, for my confirmation that I wouldn't tell someone about this job. I was to loyal to my family to keep secrets from them. "It has to do with Grace" She stated and caught my interest. My 'listening ears' as Polly often said, were turned on as I focused only on Polly's voice while she explained. Explained that she thought Grace was a spy, someone who is willing to come close before breaking your power. "For Tommy's sake. You need to expose her" she told me. "And how am I going to do that?" I asked her. She smirked "you'll figure it out".

(Re)Published: 5th of july 2022

Update request by:
johnJoJr