Weak

(Max's P.O.V.)
Originally, I bought a camera so I could do spywork on Grace to show to Tommy that I was right and he was wrong about her. But I started to develop a great fondness of taking photos of different things aswell. From the countryside to the citylife. From cars to animals. Granted I did still follow Grace around, but it began to get less and less with every passing photo. 

I walked through the streets of Small Heath with a fast pace. I was headed to the camera shop. "Good afternoon, Mr Moore" I said walking inside and greeting Elijah's father. "Ah, Max. I have got your order right here" he said bending down behind the counter to retrieve my order. He stood back up and placed the box on the counter. I nodded and handed him the owed money before grabbing the box. "Tell Elijah I said hi" I told Mr Moore and he nodded. I turned around and walked out the shop back to where I had parked the car. Immediatly I stopped when I saw something peculier. I raised an eyebrow an walked forward towards the car. Laying against the windshield was a letter. With curiosity, I grabbed the letter and looked around trying to figure out who put it here. But seeing no one around me I went ahead to read it. I scoffed as I realized it was a letter containing empty threats and slurs directed towards me and Elijah. From Beau and his friends probably. Rolling my eyes I crumpled up the letter and stuffed it into the pocket of my coat. I reached for the car door so I could get inside. But suddenly something, well, someone grabbed my arms and pulled me away from the car. While I tried to free my arms, one of the two, pulled a potatoe sack over my head. Fear slowly formed into my stomach. I couldn't reaply hear all that well and my eyes useually helped me find my surroundings. But now that my vision was talen away, I was now at a disadvantage. I tried to focus so I could tune in on my hearing but it was no use. The people who caught me weren't talking, so I only could hear some shuffling and other background sounds. Then, I felt the first blow against my head. I didn't fall to the ground because another person was holding me upright. The punching, kicking and beating continued for a while, even when I had fallen to the ground. I was pushed back and I stumbled before falling backwards. My head connecting with the cardoor as I felp against it. My head began to spin and I felt a pounding pain and began to get nausea. Before I could react further my neck was grabbed and I got repeatedly smashed into the car door. Then it finally stopped. "Breath a word about this to your family. And we'll hurt Elijah even worse" a familiar voice threatened and I heard the sound of a gun being loaded beside my ear. Before the trigger got pulled and I screamed in pain as I grabbed my side. I was roughly let go and got left alone. I fell to my side and laid still on the ground while holding my side which was now bleeding immensely. My body was broken and everything hurt. Even breathing caused me pain. "Max?" I heard the voice of Elijah coming from somewhere, but I couldn't pinpoint from where exactly in the side street it was coming from. Hearing his voice, I immediatly tried to get up. I didn't want him near me, afraid that those bastards where close by and could hurt him. He refused to listen and got closer none the less. "E-li-jah" I groaned telling him not to help me by pushing him away. "Come on, let's get you to your family" he said pulling me up from the ground. I wanted to resist and I did try but it only made me weaker untill I eventually blacked out.

Published: 22nd of November 2022

Update request:
sophjoan12