Prove it

(Max's P.O.V.)
Alfie was talking to his men about some random stuff. I was sitting on a crate in the far left corner behind Alfie. Tommy was to my right. I didn't have to pay attention cause it was more about working in the brewery. "Now let me address the elephant in the room" Alfie said clapping his hands together and everyone turned to look at me. I looked up to look at everyone before turning to Alfie. He put his hand up and motioned for me to come. I swiftly stood up and walked over to him. As soon as I arrived near him, he put his hand on my shoulder. He started to introduce me and tell everyone what my job was. He didn't say my true name or what my true purpose is. "Why should he be your right-hand man. He just got here" a man clearly not on the same page as Alfie, "yeah and he is the youngest one here" another called out. "Alright shut it!" Alfie's voice boomed through the room shutting everyone up immediately. "You don't think the boy is worth the title he has been given?" Alfie asked the first man that had talked back against his order. The man shook his head. "He needs to prove it" The man told Alfie crossing his arms. Alfie rolled his eyes, sick of hearing their disrespect towards his decision. "You really dont want to fight this boy" he said grabbing me by the cheeks, "cause he'll bring war to that fight". It was a custom in Alfie's gang to fight for your position if someone isnt agreeing with what you've been given. The men weren't discouraged by what Alfie had said about my fighting skills. "Let him fight Alfie. He can show his power" Tommy offered. I watched Alfie think about it for a second.

(Alfie's P.O.V.)
"Go! Show them why you have been give the right-hand man position" I told him. He nodded and turned to glare at the men. Every one moved to the sides to make a fighting ring. "Alright. Lets get this over with. We've got more importaint stuff to do" I said tapping my cane onto the ground indicating the fight could start. The fight started and Max stayed completely still as his opponent walked circles around him. I knew his fighting style, it was clean and effective. He would tire you out to the point you could barely hold your fists up to shield an attack. Then he would strike out and he gives a hell of a punch. He has multiple was to knock you out. He told me that aperson's chin is their "off switch". Punch it straight on and it will produce a forceful lever action on their skull causing their brain to rock around violently inside their head and they'll go out. Sometimes he wants to be fancy. He'll deliver a liver shot. It's on the right side of your body just under your right pectoral muscle on your ribs. You'll feel a sick feeling that will quickly pass. Multiply that by a hundred and that's what a solid liver shot feels like. But when Max wants to have fun then you're in trouble. He will get into a fighting pose,
hands up, chin down, elbows protecting the ribs, instead of standing completely still in the middle of the arena. But for this fight he makes it quick. And it was almost impossible to hit Max. The only sounds you could hear where the men around them screaming and the sound of fists connecting with the opponents skin. Sometimes you would hear a crack of a bone breaking. Max was holding Arvin by his throat on his back ready to knock him out. I looked at Tommy and nodded telling him the fight was done. "Max. That's enough" Tommy said his authority booming through the room. He immediatly let go of Arvin's throat and stood up and turned to me and his brother. Tommy was right about his younger brother, he is the perfect soldier. Self-controlled, elusive, smart and dangerous. I walked forward to the middle of the fighting ring. "Now. Are we all satisfied by my descision or does he still need to prove himself" I asked every man in the room. They all shook their heads knowing that Max will fight them if nessecary.

(Max's P

(Max's P.O.V.)
Everyone turned around to go back to their chores and jobs. Tommy walked up to me and grabbed my chin to look over at my cuts and bruises. "Would've expected no bruises and cuts. But well done" he said and patted me on my shoulder. In his eyes I saw proudness in his eyes for me. He, Arthur and John all had learned me different ways to fight and I perfected it with my own style. Now my job was really going to start to find the rat in Alfie's business. I turned my head back to Arvin and saw him glare at me while he wiped blood from his lip. Instantly I knew I had made an enemy today. But I could care less. I wasn't here ro make friends I was here to find a rat.

Published: 19th of december 2021