Kicked out

(Max's P.O.V.)
I leaned on Elijah as he helped me out of the car before making me walk towards the house on Watery Lane. I had previously refused to let him tale me home, but he was just as stubborn as I am. I was to tired and in touch pain to fight against him. He managed to get me inside the house but as soon as I stepped foot inside. Pain shot through my side and I fell forward. Elijah didn't count for this and lost balance making us both fall to the ground. I heard multiple footsteps coming towards us. When I raised my eyes I saw my brothers, John and Arthur, standing in the hallway. They hadn't noticed me yet and had pointed their guns at Elijah. They didnt know who he was so they figured he was just a dumb intruder. Elijah tried to say something but before he could, I had coughed in pain trying to search for air. Both their heads turned to me. "What the fuck did you do to my brother?!" Arthur screamed towards Elijah as he grabbed him and slammed him against the wall. I had enough strenght to grab Arthur leg and telling him with my eyes that Elijah didn't do anything. Arthur mumbled under his breath before roughly letting him go and turning to me. Without saying a word he pulled me to his feet with John's help. "Will he be alright?" Elijah asked as he followed us to the livingroom. My older brothers gave each other a look but ignored Elijah. They carefully put me on the couch and a painfull groan escaped my lips. "What happened to him?" Aunt Polly's voice sounded through the room with worry. She was quick by my side and  started to try and get me cleaned up. I hissed as the rubbing alcohol stung the cuts lettering my face. But also when she fixed the bullet wound in my side. But before she or my two brothers could question me, Tommy walked inside. He wore an annoyed expression but wben he saw me he grew angry. "You fucking bastard" he sneered and walked towards me. "How dare you?!" He said and grabbed a hold of my collar, "what?" I groaned in pain. I was confused why he was angry at me. He chuckled darkly before grabbing my camera. "I told you, ordered you! To stop following Grace!" He angrily told me. "Thomas-" Polly tried to get him off but my brother pushed her arm away from his shoulder. "No. He has crossed a line, Poll. I don't care how hurt he is, he is going" Tommy told her while pulling me to my feet, "going where?" Arthur questioned, "that's for him to decide, but he is not staying here" he said while pushing me towards the door. My family continued to argue back and forth about Tommy's decision while I desperatly tried to get free form his grip. But it was no use, I was to tired and weak to withstand his stremght. Then he threw me out the house and onto the streets. With a loud thud my body landed on the cobbled street. A painfull groan ripped from my throat and I turned myself to my stomach so I could push myself to my feet. "I... stopped... going after... Grace... after" I said trying to find my breath. "After what, Maximillian? Huh?" He yelled at me. I lowered my eyes after hearing him say my full name. He almost never calls me Maximillian, so I knew I messed up bad in his eyes. "Was it after you went behind my back? Or after you met him" Tom said walking out while holding Elijah by the back of his neck. "Don't... He had.. no part in this" I begged while continuing to get on my feet but was still unsuccesfull. "Didn't he sell you that bloody camera? So, he most defintetly had a part in this" he snarled, "I dont... know what this... is" I told my brother, "you directly and deliberatly disobeyed an order!" He yelled at me. "So which one of you two is going to own up to that mistake" he questioned. Instantly I saw the shimmer of the razor blade in his cap and I gulped knowing what he could do. "Let him go" I said and felt my lip quiver in fear. Tom hummed in interest before roughly letting go off Elijah "go. Fuck off". Elijah looked towards me and I shook my head as I saw him take a step into my direction. Elijah walked back before leaving. I turned back to face Tommy and I felt my heart race as he stalked forward to me. "Go and never return" he told me. "You're really going to kick me out of the family all because of a female?" I asked him with a sadness. He didn't answer me and just turned around on his heels before walking back to the house. After I was left alone, I had managed to push myself to my feet and limped away. While stumbling through the streets I had to hold myself up by leaning on the walls of buildings. Then I coughed up some blood. The iron of my blood tinting my tastebud. I moved my hand up to wipe the blood from my lips. "What happened to you, Maxwell?". I shook my head and chuckled. There was only one person who calls me Maxwell and that is Alfie Solomons.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I came back in the house and stopped in front of the fire place. I looked into the fire while my hands trailed the seams of Max's peaked cap. "I thought I raised you better than that" Polly said stepping beside me, "you don't treat family like that. Especially not a younger brother". "Half brother" I reminded her, "but now he is nothing to me" I said before throwing Max's peaked cap into the flames. Immediatly Polly grabbed the metal fire poker and raised it up to hit me, but she never did. She gave me the most digusted look I had ever seen on her face before throwing the poker to the ground. "Damn you" she snarled, "where is the Tommy who went out of his way to find the man who left marks from a belt on his little brother's back. Where is he?!" She questioned before walking out to no doubtedly find Max. Anger filled my stomach and I kicked a nearby chair away before running my hands through my hair in frustration. My eyes looked towards the fire. Then guilt struck my heart as I realized what I had just done. "No. No. No" I said and grabbed the poker to pull Max's cap out of the flames. It came out of the flames and was still slightly burning and with a nearby cloth I put it out. I let out a deep breath as I saw the burnt cap. Afterwards I grabbed my coat to go find Max to undo my mistake.

Published: 18th of December 2022

Update request: johnJoJr