30. The Return of Alice Cullen

+++++

+++++

When Timothy arrived back home, he wouldn't even look at Magnolia, but that was all she could do. Her glare was cold and harsh and she wouldn't let it up. After an hour, Elton had to go up to his room from the pure tension that hung in the air, waiting to snap. "Magnolia, honey," Ariana began. "You should talk to him. You might like what you hear."

"You're taking his side?" Magnolia snapped.

Ariana shook her head. "No one is taking sides, my dear. But what you think happened isn't. Jacob and Paul are fine."

"What?" Magnolia looked to her father, who was finally looking at her. "Is this true?"

Timothy stood from his spot in the kitchen and slowly walked to his daughter. "Yes," His voice was ruff and sore sounding. "We eliminated the vampire threat before he killed Bella," Bella? Magnolia's stomach dropped, she didn't even think of Bella's safety. "Everyone is fine."

"Good," Magnolia nodded slowly. "Good," She and Timothy stared each other down for a moment before she cleared her throat. "I think I'll go to be early tonight."

A few days passed without a word from Bella. Magnolia wondered if she'd seen the wolves or, what she was more worried about, if she knew who they were. Every day and night she was on edge, waiting for a call, but she'd given up. Bella wasn't contacting her and she didn't want to push, so another night, she went to bed, worried.

Magnolia's peaceful sleep was interrupted by an unwelcomed phone call — if it hadn't rang, she'd probably had slept the entire weekend. Her hand struggled to find her phone in the messy bedsheets. Once she grabbed hold of it, she sat up lazily and put it to her ear. "Hello?" She sleepily answered.

"Magnolia?" Jacob's ruff voice sounded panicked.

"Jacob?" Magnolia sat up quickly. "What's going on? Is Bella okay?" If Jacob called her in a panic, it had to be about Bella. There was a pause and some muffled talking. "Jacob? What is going on!" She was now beginning to panic herself — she hadn't heard from the human girl in a few days, but she assumed it was because she was still getting used to talking with her again.

"How fast can you get to Bella's?" He asked hastily.

"Why, Jacob?" Magnolia was now standing, already grabbing a change of clothes. "Is she okay?"

There was some muffled talking before another voice answered. "Magnolia?" She froze.

"Alice?"