01. Emotions Run High

+++++

+++++

An alarm clock would've been a better way to be woken up, in Magnolia's opinion, rather than her mom pounding on her door, then opening the curtains. Magnolia groaned and rubbed her eyes. "Really mom? It's six in the morning!" She had just noticed the time as she sat up.

Her mom shook her head, grabbed some clothing out of her closet, and tossed it to her sleepy daughter. "Get dressed. Remember it's Bella's first day and you need to come in with me to set up a tour for her."

Excitement erupted from the seventeen-year-old girl, as she realized she'd get to see Bella Swan again. Jumping from her bed, Magnolia ushered her mom out of her room and quickly changed into what her mom grabbed; a pair of leggings and an oversized sweatshirt.

Magnolia rushed into her bathroom, messily brushed her hair and teeth, and just as she finished putting her makeup on, she realized she couldn't see her contacts anywhere. Groaning, she swiped her hand around the marble countertop, not feeling, or even seeing a blurry image of them. Dreading it, Magnolia put on her glasses and hurried downstairs.

Her mom held her bag and lunch money in her hand, as she waited by the front down. She raised her brow at the sight of her daughter in glasses. "No contacts today?" She questioned. Magnolia glared at her mom and snatched her bag and the money.

"Don't."

Ariana sighed, and lightly chuckled at her daughter. "Alright, I won't, I won't." The two of them made their way out of the house and into one of two cars; and if Magnolia is being honest, the nicest out of them. Her dad had no taste in nice cars.

Her mom started the ignition, and they were off to Forks high school.

As soon as Ariana parked in her teacher spot near the front of the school, Magnolia rushed out and opened the trunk to get her bag. "Come on, mom!" Ariana got out and shook her head.

"Maggie, you know Bella won't be here for another hour or so?" She took her bag as well, and shut the trunk, locking the car.

"I know, just let me be excited mom!" Magnolia giggled.

As they started walking, another car, a very nice car at that, pulled into the spot next to them. Ariana groaned, knowing exactly who it belonged to.

Carlisle Cullen stepped out from the driver's seat, followed by his three boys; Edward, Emmet, and Jasper. Ariana felt as though she could kill that nasty vampire then and there. "Don't you know that's teachers' only parking, Carlisle?" She spoke through clenched teeth, her normally soft green eyes glowing a harsh emerald.

The man chuckled. "It's good to see you too, Ariana. And yes, I do know. We won't be long, I just need to do some paperwork for the boys, was told to bring them in early today," He noticed Magnolia standing next to her mother, glaring at Edward, who reciprocated that action. "Good morning Magnolia, what does your mother have you here so early for?"

Magnolia's bright blue eyes widened, not expecting Carlisle to address her; it made her smile slightly. For the few years the Cullens have been here, Magnolia found herself liking them; not to she'd let her parents know this. She only hung around them to make sure they didn't eat anyone, but the more she talked to them, the more she found them to be likeable; except Edward of course. She couldn't stand him and his 'I'm too good for you' attitude.

"Oh! Well, my old friend Bella is moving back, and I'm gonna work out a tour for her, so I can catch up with her...and stuff." She chuckled lightly at the end, suddenly feeling very hot and nervous. Her hands began to sweat, and breath hitched in her throat. Jasper.

Magnolia looked over at him, to immediately be met with his shining golden eyes. A very obvious blush spread across the entirety of Magnolia's face. Jasper smiled lightly at her, and she felt that she could have just died right then. "Hi, Jasper." She whispered. Dr. Cullen heard her of course but decided to let her and Jasper have their moment, and continued talking to Ariana, much to her mother's dismay.

Jasper moved closer to her, and Emmett blocked them from her mother's view. "Hey, Maggie. How ya been?" He could hear the girl's heart-pounding, feel her excitement and nervousness from being near him.

The goofiest smile spread across Magnolia's face. "I've been great! Um...how about you? How was the camping trip." She giggled, gesturing quotation marks. Jasper shook his head lightly and chuckled. He couldn't help but smile every time he was around her.

"It was fine. But I'm glad to be back." His eyes wandered down her legs and back up to her dazzling blue eyes, which he adored so.

Magnolia couldn't handle the butterflies in her stomach, she felt as though she'd vomit. "O-Oh, I'm glad you're...glad, um-" She coughed, and looked around Emmet and over to her mother, whose face was red with anger; just about ready to kill Carlisle. "I'll...see you guys at lunch. Bye." She smiled at Emmet, not daring to look back at Jasper, and rushed to her mom. She took her arm, pulling her slightly, her eyes pleading for them to leave.

Understanding, Ariana glared once more at Carlisle, said her goodbyes, and the two made their way into the school and to the guidance office. Magnolia felt the walls caving in around her, her breathing quickened, and she clumsily sat down in one of the chairs. She felt stupid, as a few tears fell down her cheeks.

Immediately Ariana was in the seat next to her daughter, rubbing her arm and stroking her hair to calm her. "Shh, it's ok honey, those Cullens are nothing but nasty, shh it's ok."

Her mother was right about her panic attack being about the Cullens, but not for the right reasons. Magnolia wasn't good with things like crushes. She got attached too quickly and imagined how things could be, but she could never talk to them well, and would just embarrass herself, so the fact that Jasper seemed to be showing some form of interest; it scared her. But she was also furious at herself, for even admitting her feelings for Jasper to herself. Her best friend, Elton, was the only other person who knew, and he constantly teased her, not knowing that it hurt her.

From the school's front office, Jasper could feel all of it; sadness, anger, anxiety. He had to sit down from how loud those feelings were, and worst of all, he knew these feelings were because of him. He hated that he makes her feel this way, but he wasn't trying to make her feel them. He just loved feeling her happiness, the joy it would fill him with to know he was the source of it, but now...he was making her feel the complete opposite. "I'm sorry." He whispered, knowing she wouldn't hear.

Emmett sat next to him and patted his shoulder. "It's okay brother. She'll be fine and back to normal by lunch." Jasper shook his head, not believing anything that was coming from Emmett's mouth.

Reading his thoughts, Edward sat on Jasper's other side. "Don't let her get to you like this, she's a sorceress. Nothing good can come from them. You know what she can do to you, Jazz. She's probably manipulating your powers."

Jasper glared at him. "Don't you dare, speak about her that way. Maggie isn't like her family," His anger rose at Edwards's statement. "She's kind, funny, and damn beautiful, so you watch your damn mouth...brother."+++++