06. Friends Fall Apart

+++++

+++++

Alice couldn't help but smile at Magnolia's story. "Maggie...you like him, don't you?"

Magnolia's eyes widened, shaking her head violently. "From that whole story, you gathered that I like him? Alice, I'm sorry but you must be delusional. He caused me to have a panic attack, how does that mean I like him."  She tightened her grip on Rosalie's cold hand, which she had held throughout the whole story.

"I know it doesn't make sense now, but trust me." Alice sighed.

Magnolia clenched her teeth, groaning. "Alice there is no way you had a vision of me and Jasper together. I can't be with him even if I wanted to, you know that."

Rosalie sighed, shaking her head at Alice's insistent behaviour.

"Alice, drop it. If Magnolia says she doesn't like him that way, then she doesn't." Magnolia smiled gratefully at Rosalie, and let go of her hand.

Alice let out an annoyed huff. "I'm sorry, I just...I know how he feels about you, and I was hoping you'd feel that same. I'll tell him you have no feelings for him whatsoev-"

"Don't you dare tell him that, Alice Cullen!" Magnolia blurted out, not meaning for her words to slip out. Alice smirked at Rosalie, standing up with a triumphant look in her eye. She had got the answer she wanted. "Shit," Magnolia mumbled to herself. She knew that Alice and Rosalie knew of her feelings towards Jasper. She stood up slowly, grabbing her bag. The bell had rung; biology class was next. "Alice, I swear if you say anything to him." Magnolia glared down at the small girl, her eyes turning dark once again.

Alice smiled sheepishly. "I won't, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die," That saying was ironic, coming from someone already dead. "Come on, we don't want to be late." She took Magnolia's hand, the two saying goodbye to Rosalie, and heading towards their biology class.

They stepped in, and immediately Magnolia noticed the empty spot next to Bella. She turned to Alice. "Is Edward not coming today?" She questioned.

Alice shook her head. "Yeah, he has...things to take care of."

Magnolia nodded, knowing not to question the Cullens and their activities. As she made her way to her seat, she stopped by Bella. "Hey, sorry about lunch. You know Alice, she loves to talk your ear off." She chuckled awkwardly.

Bella strained a smile, nodding. "I wouldn't, actually. But it's fine." She turned back to the front, showing Magnolia that she was done talking. The girl sighed, cursing herself for not being as considerate as she should have been with Bella's feelings. Being the new girl is hard, Magnolia knows this, and she should have been more inclusive with Bella.