19. Rediscover & Reconnect

+++++

+++++

It all happened so fast. Jasper lunged forward, pushing Magnolia out of his way. She went flying into a wall, but the pain was the least of her concern. Jasper ran towards Bella, Magnolia was sure then and there he would kill her.

Edward acted quickly. He shoved Jasper back, by that didn't deter him. Jasper came running back. As a last resort, Edward pushed Bella out of the way, though much harder than he anticipated. She when flying into a table, the flower vases shattered underneath the sudden weight.

The vampire's heads turned quickly. Blood ran down Bella's arm like a waterfall. Emmett and Carlisle rushed in, grabbing Jasper by the arms. He fought violently against them, hissing loudly. Magnolia couldn't breathe. She'd never heard him make such a sound; one of pure hunger and rage. "Jazz..." His head whipped towards her, and his hungry eyes softened for a moment. He whimpered.

"Get Jasper out of here," Carlisle muttered. Alice replaced him, and she and Emmett dragged Jasper out of the room. Magnolia didn't watch, she focused all of her attention on Bella. "Magnolia? Are you okay?" Carlisle asked softly.

Magnolia nodded. "Yes," He pressed his hands softly to her back. She winced. Carlisle shook his head disapprovingly. "I'm fine, Carlisle. Focus on Bella."

Carlisle did so. He checked Bella's arm tenderly. "I'll have to stitch this up in my office," Edward watched, his face expressionless. At that moment, Magnolia felt a pang of pity for him, imagining what he must be feeling knowing him bringing Bella here resulted in this. "Go check on Jasper. I'm sure he's very upset with himself and I doubt he'll listen to anyone but you right now," Edward did not move at Carlisle's words. "Edward."

Edward did react. He watched Bella as he left. A pit formed in Magnolia's stomach. "Can I help?" She asked quietly.

Carlisle nodded. "Yes. Help her up to my office while I prepare."

Magnolia did as he asked. She and Bella did not speak as she slowly helped her to Carlisle's office. She sat her down at the chair Carlisle had prepared, and stop beside her. Carlisle began to pick out the pieces of glass carefully from Bella's massive cut. "I never wanted to have a party," Bella sighed. Magnolia placed her hand on Bella's shoulder, comforting her.

"It's not your fault," Carlisle told her sincerely. "Jasper hasn't been away from human blood as long as the rest of us have." Magnolia cringed, her mind wandering back to the living room. She couldn't picture Jasper has a bloodsucking monster. He wasn't. Not to her. He was kind and sweet and funny. No monster could be those things.

"How do you do it?" Bella questioned.

Carlisle chuckled. "Years and years of practice."