03. Lunch Time

+++++

+++++

After Jasper had left the class, time seemed to pass at an excruciatingly long rate into the next class, till finally, the bell for lunch rang. Magnolia shot up from her seat, messily shoving her binder and textbook back into her bag and rushing off to the lunchroom.

She sat at her table, pulled out her phone and quickly dialled her mom's number. "Sweetheart? Why are you calling during school? You could just come to my class." Ariana's worried voice sounded through the small phone. Magnolia took a deep breath.

"My magic," She whispered. "It worked somehow, and no, none of the humans saw." She answered her mother's question before it was answered. Her hand shook slightly, recalling the way Jasper had looked at her.

"Humans? Are you saying one of the Cullens saw?"

Magnolia cringed. "Yes. Jasper. He saw and immediately left class. I think he went to tell the others or call Carlisle or both I'm not sure but I'm worried mom."

Ariana sighed. "Sweetie it'll be alright. I'll have a talk with Carlisle about all this but in the meantime try to calm down and keep your powers under control. Okay?"

Magnolia nodded, and hummed, looking around the lunch room filling quickly up. There were too many students to continue the conversation. "Mom, I got to go now. We can talk after I go for pizza with Elton."

"Oh no that's not happening after what you just told me. Get Bella to drive you home and we will continue training," Magnolia groaned in response, readying a but. "No buts, you will come home after school. Tell Elton something came up. Goodbye."

With a click, the phone call ended, and Magnolia felt herself wanting to throw her phone across the lunchroom. She breathed heavier, the tingle in her hands returning. The grip on her phone grew harder and harder, her normally bright happy blue eyes turning to a dark, glowing sapphire. A loud crack snapped Magnolia from her trance. Looking down, her now normal eyes widened.

Held in her hand was a broken phone. "How did I...?" She whispered. There was no question Magnolia had done that.

"Maggie! What's up my girl!" The obnoxious voice of Mike Newton rang through her ears. Magnolia looked up at him and frowned. He noticed the broken phone clutched in her hand. "Woah! Did you do that?"

"You could say that," Magnolia said, turning away from him and pulling out her lunch. Her mom never let her buy from the cafeteria, said it was practically poison. Mike laughed, and sat across from her, soon after being joined by Eric. Of course, he commented on her phone too.