14. Talk

+++++

+++++

Bella sat on Magnolia's bed scanning through every book Magnolia's family owned on sorcery. Millions of thoughts swirled around in her brain as she read. Every now and then, she would ask Magnolia a question, and Magnolia would have to answer. "Wait...it says here some of you have telepathic abilities? How do you guys have everything?"

Magnolia chuckled at her friends' wonder. She was more comfortable sharing now that Bella wasn't afraid. "Only the elders do. They're immortal beings like vampires, except they were gifted immortality. They use their telepathy to keep us in check, and also so we can't lie to them."

Bella smiled wide. "Wow...cool," And her nose was back in the book. "What do the eye colours mean? It says here you can only have two kinds; blue or green." She spoke without once looking up.

"That determines what we are more connected to, in a sense. Sorcerers are connected to the earth, we were born from the good and pure, opposite of vampires, or so the legends go," Bella looked up, leaning closer as Magnolia spoke, drinking the information up like a man deserted in the desert. "Blue eyes have a connection to water and green to nature. They weren't very creative with that." She chuckled, Bella laughed too.

"So you're...water sensitive?" Bella questioned, stifling a giggle.

"Yeah, in a sense. But I haven't...unlocked that part of my powers yet. I think it's all some mumbo-jumbo." Magnolia rolled her eyes with a laugh.

Bella flipped to the last page in the book. "And one last question...can you turn? Into a vampire, I mean." She hesitated with this question.

Magnolia didn't know this answer. "I'm not sure, actually. My dad might, he's the history nerd. I'm guessing no, though. Our blood is toxic to vampires, they can't drink it, can't smell it...all aspects of it repels them."

Bella nodded slowly. "That...makes sense," She closed the book, adding it to the pile on the floor. "Thanks for answering all my dumb questions." She chuckled dryly.

Magnolia stood up, and picked up the pile of books, holding them tightly in place with her chin. "No problem. If you ever have more, we're more than happy to answer."

Bella went home later that night, and as soon as she did, the phone rang. Timothy answered it, and Magnolia could tell from the way his face dropped, it was a Cullen, though she wasn't sure which one. "Now? Why can't you just talk at school," So it wasn't Carlisle or Esme. "If it's so important, sure," Scowling, handed the phone to Magnolia. "Ten minutes, that's it." He stopped off into the living room with Ariana.