Chapter 1

Oh, hi there, thanks for checking in! I was on the plane to New York one day, and I loved my life.

Nah I'm just kidding.

I HATED my life.

Give me a second to explain why.

Well, it all started when my grandfather, Howard Stark, had two sons, Tony and Liam Stark. Then Liam married Olivia Harding, they did the dirty, and had me, Natalie Stark. I'd never known my grandparents on both my dad's and my mother's side, because they died before I was even born. My parents died when I was eleven years old in a plane crash. It tore me apart when I got the news. And I hate flying now.

Since my parents were dead, Uncle Tony became my guardian. Only because he was my only living relative, not because he wanted to be or anything. He had sent me to a boarding school in London right away and I only visited "home" during summer break.

I was glad I still got to go to London, because that's where I lived with my parents when they were still alive. But I hated the flying between America and England every summer break. The thoughts of crashing kept running through my mind.

So, I lived my life, and this year should be my last year of boarding school. But here I was, in September, on a plane, on my way back to New York, because some son of a bitch had set the school on fire and now I had no place to stay.

I never got a reply to the messages I had send to my uncle about the fire and that I needed a place to stay and a new school. So, I grabbed all the money that I had left, which was just enough for a plane ticket, and left London.

I arrived at the New York City Airport and still didn't get any messages from Tony. When I tried to call him, he didn't answer his phone. Because I didn't have enough money left for a taxi, there was no other solution then walk all the way to the Stark Tower.

A two and a half hour walk later I finally arrived at the Tower. Underneath my backpack was so much sweat, you could fill a whole swimming pool with. I was exhausted and in desperate need of some water and something to eat. During my walk I must have passed at least a hundred of fast food restaurants, oh I would commit murder for a good hamburger at the moment.

I'd put my suitcase down and pressed the button next to the elevator, which gave you access to all the 93 floors of the Stark Tower.

"Do you have an appointment?" a friendly robotic voice spoke from the little speaker next to the button.

"Well, technically no, because Mr. Stark won't answer my phone calls," I muttered.

"Then I can't help you, I'm sorry Miss," the robot said. "Goodbye."

"Hey!" I yelled. "Friday, it's me. Let me in, please."

I pressed the button again and again, till I heard Friday's voice saying: "I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you at first, Miss Stark. You've changed a little bit since the last time you were home."

"It's been two months, Friday, cut the crap. I'm sure my uncle didn't put me on the 'always welcome list' during schooltime."

"I'm afraid you're right, Miss Stark. I'll inform Mr. Stark of your presence."

"Thank you, Friday."