Chapter 43

Tony taught me how to use the suit properly, so if I ever needed it, I wouldn't crash and die. The colours I had chosen for the suit were dark green with silver highlights, it looked cool but not that conspicuous as most of Tony's suits, which were red and yellow. I learned how to fly, how to use my blasters, and how to fight. Tony reassured me to give me self-defense lessons in the Tower's private gym. During the first lesson, he was surprised by the capabilities I already possessed and I was ready to learn some more. He also informed me about the moving process. I was surprised to hear he was selling his beloved Stark Tower, but when he showed me pictures of the new base upstate, I got very excited.

"You'll get a bigger room with a tv, a twin bed, and a walk-in closet," he promised me.

At school, the Washington incident had gone viral. Everybody was talking about it, and of course about Spider-Man. He was the new hero and most people had a crush on him. I couldn't figure out what Peter thought about all this attention, especially because he skipped class a few times. I asked Ned what was going on with him after he almost missed a Spanish quiz. He answered with that Peter tried to skip that too and got detention.

"Since when is Peter into skipping school?" I asked after class, as Peter walked to detention.

"I think he's not feeling well," Ned answered.

I crossed my arms, looking down.

Ned placed his hand on my shoulder. "He will be okay."

I sighed. "I just miss him."

Ned nodded. "Come on, let's do something fun. I heard a new James Bond movie had just come out in the cinemas."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's get our tickets," I shouted and we ran out of the school building to the train station.

The movie was incredible, like we expected. Ned and I decided to get some McDonald's afterward, but we never made it there.

When we walked out of the cinema, we both checked our phones. I had a lot of missed calls from my uncle and a text. I also got a missed call from May and a text saying: 'Hey, I know we haven't spoken in a while, but do you know where Peter is?'

I texted her back: 'Sorry, I don't know where he's at...'

Then I opened the text from my uncle, which said: 'Come to the Tower NOW'.

Just when I wanted to excuse myself, Ned said: "Look at the news."

"What?" I asked confused.

He showed me his phone screen, which had an article on titled: 'Iron Man and Spider-Man save lives on ferry'.

"Oh my God, what happened? Is anyone hurt?"

"The article says everyone is okay," Ned mumbled. "Look, I need to call somebody."

"Me too," I said.

We nodded at each other, like we knew the other one had to call in secret. Of course, I knew he was about to call Peter and he obviously knew I was calling my uncle, although he hopefully still didn't know who my mysterious uncle was.

"Tower, now! Where have you been?" Tony snarled as he answered the phone.

"Hey, beloved uncle. I was at the movies with Ned. What happened? Is Peter okay?"

"Oh, I'll tell you all about it when you get home. I'm so glad you broke up with that kid."

"He broke up with me."

"Right. Didn't I give you an assignment to make him stop thinking he was a superhero?"

"No, you agreed with me that that was a stupid idea."

I heard Tony sigh on the other side of the phone. "Come home now."

"Can't I just have McDonald's with Ned first?"

"Tower, NOW!"

"Okay, I'm on my way," and I pressed the red button.

When I turned around, I noticed Ned was still on the phone. I tapped him on his shoulder and whispered: "My uncle wants me home right away."

Ned nodded. "Okay, I'll see you at school tomorrow."

As soon as the elevator doors opened, I swung my bag into the corner of the room and shouted: "So, what happened on that ferry?"

Tony stood in front of the kitchen counter, looking at something that was laying on it. When I came closer, I saw what it was. "What is Peter's suit doing here?"

"I took it," Tony sighed.

"Why?"

"He's meddling himself into business he doesn't understand. If he didn't go to that ferry, hundreds of people wouldn't have been in danger."

"What happened?"

Tony rubbed his eyes. "I tried to call him to compliment him on his actions in DC. He told me he was in school, but I didn't buy it, so I tracked his suit. When I got there, the ferry was split in half. He tried to hold it with his stupid webs, but he failed. So, of course, I had to rescue him. Again."

I swallowed. "Where is he now?"

"I sent him home," Tony answered as he got himself a drink.

My phone buzzed. It was May again: 'Can you please come here?'

"So, is there anything you want me home for?" I asked Tony.

"Not really, why are you asking?"

I sighed. "Peter's aunt is asking me if I can come over."

"And you want to go? After what I just told you?"

"Peter may have broken up with me, but I still care about him. So, if his aunt wants me to come over, I'll be there!"

 So, if his aunt wants me to come over, I'll be there!"