Chapter 2

"What the actual fuck are you doing here?" Tony's voice blasted from the speaker.

"Hey there, beloved uncle. I'm glad to see you to." I sighed. "May I please enter the Tower? I'm starving."

"No, you cannot. I have a meeting. And you're not even supposed to be here. Why aren't you in school?" He sounded really irritated.

"Well, if you would read the messages I'd sent or answer your phone, you would have known that my school burnt down."

"So?" was his response.

I rolled my eyes. "So, I need a new school."

After a few seconds of silence, he said: "Okay, come on in."

"Thank you," I mumbled while walking in the now opened elevator.

When I got up Tony was waiting for me.

"We'll talk about this later, okay?" He placed his hand om my back to push me into the right direction, my bedroom.

I nodded.

"I'll let my new service bot get you some food and something to drink."

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"And don't leave your room until you get further instructions from me or from Friday, understood?"

"Yes sir."

At least I had food. The bot was super cute and had brought me a salad and some fries. He'd also get me some soda which I consumed thankfully. My backpack and suitcase were dropped in the corner or my room, not ready to unpack them yet.

After about an hour and a half Friday informed me that my uncle was waiting for me in the living room. I stood up from my bed and walked my way to the living room.

Tony sat in his usual spot on the couch, the corner, and looked really exhausted. I sort of felt sorry for him, but then I remembered that I had to walk all the way from the airport to the Tower, so in my oppinion I was the victim here.

Tony rolled his eyes when he saw me, and he pointed at the chair opposite him. I sat down and started the conversation.

"Why didn't you answer my phone calls?"

He sighed. "I got a new phone number."

"And you didn't think of informing me?" I raised my voice.

"I didn't think it was necessary."

"Well, it was."

"Couldn't you just stay at a friend's house?" He looked really bothered with my presence and I hated that.

"I also need a new school."

"You're turning 18 this month, you can arrange a new school yourself."

I was about to explode. "I'm just a kid, Tony. I never learned how to do that."

"I thought I raised you very independent."

The audacity.

"By treating me like shit, yes you did. But other parents help their kids and show them some love. Can't you just show me some love one time and help me with all this stuff I'm dealing with? I don't know how this world works! I really don't know!" I was crying at this point.

"I'm not your parent!" He shouted at me. "I couldn't help that Liam and Olivia had to die and leave me with you."

Silence

Deadly silence

I was sobbing.

After a few seconds I stood up from my chair, looked him in the eyes, and chose my words carefully.

"Well, I couldn't help they died either. But we both have to deal with the situation. So, you better find me a fucking school. Or help me find it. I don't give a fuck, but you're going to get me a school."

Then I left the living room.