Chapter 21

"Oh my God, I really don't feel like doing homework. Why does that bitch feel the urge to give us this amount of bullshit to do?" I whined after Ned and I walked out of our last class of the day.

"Yeah, same, dude. I better start the moment I'm home if I want to finish it before diner."

"Good luck with it," I said while standing still at the grand stairs.

"You're not going home?" Ned asked.

I shook my head. "I'm waiting for Peter. I'm staying at his place."

Ned smirked. "Nice. Have you guys kissed yet?"

"No! Absolutely not!" I said a little bit too loud. People were giving me weird looks.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Peter came from behind and he put his arm around me.

Ned kept smirking and winked as he walked away.

"Did I do something wrong?" Peter asked me.

I laughed awkwardly. "No, that's just Ned."

"Parker, put your hand where it belongs, your pants!"

"Fuck off, Flash!" I yelled and raised my middle finger.

Peter quickly crossed his arms, which I pitied, I liked it when he put his arm around me.

We walked out of the school, in the direction of the train station. But when I wanted to hop on the train to Queens, Peter guided me in another direction.

"I'm not feeling like going home just yet," he said.

"Peter, I have lots of homework to do. Don't fool around please," I sighed, although I was really curious what he was up to.

"Oh," Peter looked a bit upset.

I grabbed his hand. "But that doesn't mean I'm in the mood for homework, what did you have in mind?"

I saw his face light up.

We got on a train, but Peter didn't want to tell me at which station we would hop off. The whole ride we were holding hands. I squeezed his while I was looking through the window. I felt him glancing at me, and he squeezed my hand as well.

We got out on a station near the beach. Peter helped me get off the train and down the stairs. Nearby was a MacDonald's which we entered, and Peter ordered 20 chicken nuggets and two cokes. After we got our order, Peter put it in his backpack and guided me outside.

We got to the beach, but I couldn't get forward with my crutches and walking with my shot knee was still not ideal. So, Peter went down and picked me up in a bridal way. I shrieked as I was lifted which made Peter laugh.

Although it was a warm day for August, there were only a few people on the beach. Peter carried me a short distance into the dunes where he put me down. Out of his backpack he grabbed a blanket and put it down on the sand for us to sit on.

"This is one of my favorite spots in New York," Peter said while handing me a coke. "It so quiet and peaceful, I could sit here forever."

I glanced at him. His curly brown hair was waving in the breeze and his brown eyes were fixated on the sea. It made me realize how beautiful he was, I loved every part of his body, his arms, his eyes, his lips, even his nose was adorable.

Then he looked at me, and I quickly looked away, feeling my cheeks turn red.

I heard him laugh. "What were you looking at?"

"Nothing."

He chuckled and opened the box of chicken nuggets and grabbed one.

"Open up," he said while holding the nugget right in front of my mouth.

"Just because I can't walk doesn't mean you need to help me eat as well."

"Open up," he repeated. I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth.

I grabbed a nugget and held it in front of his mouth.

"Open up," I teased him, with my mouth still full of chicken nugget.

He obeyed and I placed the nugget in his mouth.

We looked at each other while chewing on our nuggets. I swallowed mine and said: "God, I love MacDonald's."

Peter agreed and took a sip from his coke. I grabbed another nugget.

We just sat there, eating and looking at the sea. We didn't need any more, each other's presence was enough.

"Thank you for showing me your secret spot," I said.

Peter smiled. "I'm glad to share it with you."

I got nervous for what I was about to say. "I really like hanging out with you."

"Same here," he said.

I saw him frowning, like he was about to say something he was anxious about.

"Listen, about last night..." He paused.

"What?" I asked.

"You know... before I went to get some water..."

"I'm listening," I teased.

He laughed nervously. "I mean... what happened... what almost happened..." he stuttered.

"Peter, what are you trying to say?"

He sighed. "What would have happened if I didn't...?"

We stared at each other. It was like time stopped and the same ambience as last night had returned.

I saw his eyes go down to my lips again and some kind of impulse took over. I leaned over and pressed my lips on his.

Butterflies were having a flying competition in my stomach while our lips touched. I quickly pulled away, overwhelmed by the emotions running through my body. My cheeks were glowing, and I didn't dare to look him in the eyes.

"Sorry... I... I..." I stuttered.

I felt his hand touching my chin. I looked up, into his gorgeous eyes.

"Don't be sorry," he said, pressing his forehead on mine.

I closed my eyes as our lips touched again.

Oh

My

God

Well, this was something else.